Amusement park rides, why I don't go on them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amusement park rides, why I don't go on them

I used to help design some of the drive systems for roller coasters and then was asked to help fix some machines at Six Flags. After going to Six Flags and listening to their maintenance crews I realized how little they thought about safety. Scary stupidity

Comment

Oh shit, that's pretty bad.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

There's a difference between amusement park and your traveling county fair rides.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          There's a difference between amusement park and your traveling county fair rides.

Not to me

Comment

ho-lee-phuk. Every time a friend says "hey let's go to six flags", I always wonder if I'm going to die that day. It's not even a phobia, I think it's a valid concern. Tiny little mechanical failure and goodnight.

Comment

Originally posted by threefortytwo View Post
              ho-lee-phuk. Every time a friend says "hey let's go to six flags", I always wonder if I'm going to die that day. It's not even a phobia, I think it's a valid concern. Tiny little mechanical failure and goodnight.
              I still have faith national amusement parks do not use methheads to inspect and clusterfuck equipment. On a side note I didn't realize you lived in PG County. Good times. Especially College park on a Fri or Saturday night. Friend of mine is a cop there.

Comment

I have a client that is one of those traveling carnivals and they are hardcore about safety. They have a great track record too. Just sayin', they're not all scary.

Comment

I almost feel like a pussy saying i don't feel safe on any of that shit, but damn. My fears are valid
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I still have faith national amusement parks do not use methheads to inspect and clusterfuck equipment. On a side note I didn't realize you lived in PG County. Good times. Especially College park on a Fri or Saturday night. Friend of mine is a cop there.
                    College Park can be a good time. I'm in Bowie these days. I joined Canada back in 07 I guess, referred by Carless Chris/gearheads when I moved to Arlington for work. Miss it down there.

Comment

Originally posted by threefortytwo View Post
                      College Park can be a good time. I'm in Bowie these days. I joined Canada back in 07 I guess, referred by Carless Chris/gearheads when I moved to Arlington for work. Miss it down there.
                      Grew up south of Annapolis.... Small world...

Back to the original topic...

I road the ride that killed someone at the Texas '83 Fair 2 hours before it happened. Freaked me out....

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                        Grew up south of Annapolis.... Small world...

Back to the original topic...

I road the ride that killed someone at the Texas '83 Fair 2 hours before it happened. Freaked me out....
                        Naptown, very nice spot.

Yeah I'd hang up my amusement park hat. Video above just about has me there.

Comment

Kinda my thoughts too. The people working at traveling carnivals are some sketchy looking folks so I tend to think their maintenance crew are a similar bunch of people.

I envision them packing up and rolling out over night after an incident like that. I know that's not the case though. RIP to the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                            I almost feel like a pussy saying i don't feel safe on any of that shit, but damn. My fears are valid
                            Driving our cars is more dangerous. But I certainly don't blame anyone for not wanting to get on one of those rides.

Comment

Working...
                            X