Power Outage..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
    Ted Cruz sure did screw up though! His dumb ass should have took a private jet to warm and sunny Cancun Mexico
    I keep seeing the dramatic footage of Ted Cruz being rushed thru the airport apparently in shame that he tried to do something with his family...the timing was awful..but I do want to know what exactly you or anyone else thinks Ted Cruz could have done to prevent the winter storm, or to stop the pileup in Fort Worth, or the broken water mains and the blackouts? The failures of the electrical grid, tollway crews not properly prepping the road or closing them prior to the pileup and water systems failing in extreme cold is the fault of Ted Cruz how exactly? Is he God? Does he have a magic wand to simply wave away bad weather? Give me a fucking break.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      I keep seeing the dramatic footage of Ted Cruz being rushed thru the airport apparently in shame that he tried to do something with his family...the timing was awful..but I do want to know what exactly you or anyone else thinks Ted Cruz could have done to prevent the winter storm, or to stop the pileup in Fort Worth, or the broken water mains and the blackouts? The failures of the electrical grid, tollway crews not properly prepping the road or closing them prior to the pileup and water systems failing in extreme cold is the fault of Ted Cruz how exactly? Is he God? Does he have a magic wand to simply wave away bad weather? Give me a fucking break.
      The simpletons think he bailed on them while TX was in crisis, it's all an attempt to foment outrage and further try to divide us. It's a shame that so many "fall" for it, what's worse, they can vote too.

Comment

It’s because Democrats want Texas and trying to flip his seat in anyway possible. I don’t see any other reason. It’s ridiculous. Just like they will tie the situation to any Republican or Republican policy they can.

Comment

• This is a decent write-up about the power situation in Tx. https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/wh...een-prevented/

Comment

I don't have a problem with Ted Cruz, my next door neighbor, or any of you millionaires going to Cancun to get away from this pile of crap weather. What difference does it make. If he wasn't in DC working and school was out, who cares? It's all BS, and I'm tired of it. Just a distraction to take away eyes on ERCOT and their failing. SQUIRREL!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              This is a decent write-up about the power situation in Tx. https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/wh...een-prevented/
              Summary:

Comment

• Just another attempt (albeit likely successful) by the left and the media to vilify anybody
                that doesn't follow their commie agenda....

I've flown to Cancun to escape an incoming DFW winter storm myself... and we had a great time doing so.

mardyn

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Do these guys want a fucking pat on the back?

Magness said on Wednesday that if operators had not acted in that moment, the state could have suffered blackouts that “could have occurred for months,” and left Texas in an “indeterminately long” crisis.

When it comes time to protect their money printer they'll shut it down to keep from blowing up substations, transformers, etc, but given 10 years to slowly implement improvements everything no one can be bothered.

Thank fuck we had ERCOT looking out for us!

PURELY a PR stunt to make them appear as heroes. I mean surely a guy that beats the shit out of his wife and donates to a women's shelter can't beat women, no matter how much they talk back. Can he?

Comment

• Comment

• When anyone is a big fiqure in the public eye,any little move they make either good or bad will be notice bu the world. Ted go to cancun for what reason truthfully we may never know. Why don't we see if he used his vacation time to go or if he went on our money ? People gripping about other people gripping and tired of it, they sure do like to keep reading people thought. Can we make love and not war !!!!!

Comment

• Ted regularly rips others when they make bad decisions so he's earned this abuse. Next time take a private plane Ted! Then if/when you get caught tell the truth and stick with it. You aren't running for office right now and we'd forget about this in 5 years when you do.

Now we get to see Beto and AOC taking the high road while you look like a jackass. They actually helped Texans and I'm pretty Beto's calls actually saved some lives. AOC's money is going to help a lot of people too.

Then we have Rick Perry being an actual jackass, thankfully he's not in office but how tone deaf can you get? We're still counting bodies and he's talking about how Texans should want to endure blackouts to keep the feds out. I don't disagree with wanting to keep the feds from regulating our grid but maybe don't say stupid stuff out loud?

If the democrats would stop grabbing guns, raising taxes and killing babies I'd probably stop supporting these republicans.

Comment

Going to Cancun for a family vacation while your state is freezing to death with no power, nor water is a terrible look. Cruz is a top tier moron sack of shit. I can’t imagine a scenario in which defending Ted Cruz is the right thing to do.

“What was he supposed to do?!” Be the leader he was voted to be? Help demand resources from the federal government, use his social media to calm and inform, be one of the experts of Texas for the federal government, talk to the experts and figure out how to prevent this from happening again, apologize? Really anything other than running the fuck away.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            When anyone is a big fiqure in the public eye,any little move they make either good or bad will be notice bu the world. Ted go to cancun for what reason truthfully we may never know. Why don't we see if he used his vacation time to go or if he went on our money ? People gripping about other people gripping and tired of it, they sure do like to keep reading people thought. Can we make love and not war !!!!!
                            Fixed for you, ya fucking Neanderthal.
                            Can you at least use spell check and try to also form a legible paragraph, fuck?!

When anyone is a big figure in the public eye, any little move they make either good or bad, will be noticed by the World.
                            Ted Cruz went to Cancun Mexico for what reason, we will never know.
                            Why don't we look to see if he used his personal vacation time or PTO or if he used taxpayer money?
                            People griping about other peoples personal business is frustrating to read. Those people that are complaining like to keep reading into other folks private affairs.
                            Can we just all try and get along, we should make love not war with one another.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

You still using that little Yellow Robin 3500 generator?
                              I am!

The next morning after I made that post I built a bonding plug. Basically you take a plug and connect the neutral and ground and plug it in to one of the genny slots. My heat fired right up and gained 6 degrees every 30 minutes. Went next door gave them some firewood and my lil buddy heater, then walked over too my neighbors and bullshitted about 30 minutes as the power came on, still cycling some. Also, and the wildest part, while my power was out three days I think my fridge reset and started working again. I unplugged and reset it numerous times with no results so who knows why now.

My electric bill was 68.00. My atmos bill might be a tad hire though.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• When my shit was freezing up at 2am and the power was out, Ted Cruz couldn't help me. It was up to me. If you think Ted Cruz or any other politician is going to do anything but get you a few federal dollars then you are weak ass bitch who should move your shit to Vermont to live with the other bitches. The idea that politicians are going to solve your problems for you is a huge part of what is wrong with this country and it stems from the idea that just about everyone these days thinks they are a special snowflake and that they matter. That's bullshit, these people don't even know you exist. If you want help, help yourself and thank God that you have the means and ability to do so. Then help your fucking neighbors and stop being a lazy fuck.
                                Last edited by Broncojohnny; 02-20-2021, 01:05 AM.
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X