X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I still miss incredible universe.

Frys has sucked for two decades.

When Micro center opened up in Dallas I knew it would help close the doors on Frys.
    Incredible Universe was bad ass. Still have my old Pioneer sound system from them.

Fry's was not very inspiring to shop in
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
      Incredible Universe was bad ass. Still have my old Pioneer sound system from them.

Fry's was not very inspiring to shop in
      Haha I also still have an old Pioneer Dolby Surround 5 channel with a matching Pioneer 6 disc changer unit as well. I believe I got them in 1993 from I think either Service Merchandise or Circuit City.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        Fry's went downhill before Trump.
        Yeah, and everyone talking about their customer service is right. It either didn't exist, or the employee didn't want to be talking to anyone. Somehow they brought that 1980's "You have to come here haha" attitude well into the next century.

So what's a good computer store in fort worth? Don't say best buy.
        WH

Comment

Ah the good ole days of going to incredible universe while mom shopped at Sam’s! Lol
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Worked at the Garland store for a summer job mostly for the sweet discount when I was fresh out of HS.

They fell so far from what it use to be, it is bizarre that they swapped to a consignment model and kept the doors open for so long. I've read that it had something to do with wanting to hold onto the real estate but IDK.

Microcenter is what Fryes use to be, sales people getting paid commission who are generally helpful. I do miss CompUSA also that was my go to as a kid growing up for PC games.
            1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
            1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
            2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Remember....
              Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Man in the 2010's or so, you couldn't keep me out of Fry's. I loved going there and looking at / buying hardware.

Sad to see that, but online selling seems to be killing big box stores.

I'm still running my computer from 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  I was only at the Fry's on Saturday nights and it was to watch the races behind the building in like 1999.
                  I got called out by the Arlington/Tarrant co. crew and to go out there and drag some ass. It was cool, everyone would go to the Sonic on little rd I think and hang afterwards.

Hadn't stepped in the Frys in Plano since Microcenter opened. Robert (Chopped 54) turned me on to MC and I haven't looked back. I'm surprised it lasted as long as they did.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                    Man in the 2010's or so, you couldn't keep me out of Fry's. I loved going there and looking at / buying hardware.

Sad to see that, but online selling seems to be killing big box stores.

I'm still running my computer from 2012.
                    No wonder those mfers went under. Don't try to blame the nets.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      No wonder those mfers went under. Don't try to blame the nets.
                      Hey it's like my 66, It works, I don't complain.

I did have to replace the i7-990x with a Xeon because the original CPU died. Other than that, still going strong.

Comment

The last time I was in Fry's (Arlington) was to buy some upgraded RAM cards for a Dell XPS desktop running Windows Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                          Hey it's like my 66, It works, I don't complain.

I did have to replace the i7-990x with a Xeon because the original CPU died. Other than that, still going strong.
                          Damn. That thing was a beast in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            Fry's went downhill before Trump. Terrible customer service goes back many years. I can't believe they stayed open till now. Microcenter in Richardson has been my go to for several years.
                            I didn't necessarily have an issue with their service, but I did see a downturn in that place and agree that Microcenter is much better. That's where I got my current laptop and several monitors, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              I didn't necessarily have an issue with their service, but I did see a downturn in that place and agree that Microcenter is much better. That's where I got my current laptop and several monitors, in fact.
                              The BEST thing about MC is their extended warranty. It's ( i might be misremembering ) 10% of the item cost, but you can return it for ANY reason within 2 years. So, for gamers, you could have bought a 2080Ti right before the 30XX series released, and then return it and get a new generation card. So you basically rented a high end card for a year or so for $150.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                                I was only at the Fry's on Saturday nights and it was to watch the races behind the building in like 1999. haha.

I was definitely there. One night I was in my SVO waiting for another contender to line up when the cops rolled in. Good times. Had to go home and switch Mustangs to continue the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X