Foundation repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation repair

Has anyone had to have their cincrete slab foundation piered? My hone was built in '86 and I'm starting tobsee significant signs of movement and potential issues. Has anyone had a rebar slab piered? What did it cost you per pier? Recommendations on who to use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

We had our rent house repaired several years ago. It was about 10K. It had a significant amount of damage. I think we ended up with 20-30 piers. We also had to redo the tile in the living room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

These are the people I used to fix my foundation a few years back. http://a1guaranteedfoundationrepair.com/ Found them on Angie's List and picked them because of the excellent reviews. They did an awesome job. Lifetime warranty (and transferable to a new owner for a fee). My doors were sticking, diagonal cracks in the drywall, and my gate wouldn't close very well. I was down 2.5" in certain spots in the house. Of course, you'll have to pay a structural engineer to sign off on the work afterword. The company that I used for that was Crannell Engineering Corp. The guy's name was Matt.

Comment

Don't use AllPro, there are far better out there, more honest and less costly.
        1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
        TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
        Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          These are the people I used to fix my foundation a few years back. http://a1guaranteedfoundationrepair.com/ Found them on Angie's List and picked them because of the excellent reviews. They did an awesome job. Lifetime warranty (and transferable to a new owner for a fee). My doors were sticking, diagonal cracks in the drywall, and my gate wouldn't close very well. I was down 2.5" in certain spots in the house. Of course, you'll have to pay a structural engineer to sign off on the work afterword. The company that I used for that was Crannell Engineering Corp. The guy's name was Matt.
          Thanks. Post tension slab or rebar? cost/pier?

Originally posted by lowfast View Post
          Don't use AllPro, there are far better out there, more honest and less costly.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            Thanks. Post tension slab or rebar? cost/pier?
            Without digging out the invoice in my file cabinet, I'm going to say $5,000-$5,500 for 13 piers. To have the structural engineer come out to do a before & after report/testing was $350

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              Without digging out the invoice in my file cabinet, I'm going to say $5,000-$5,500 for 13 piers. To have the structural engineer come out to do a before & after report/testing was $350
              Thanks. This is the price range that I'm hoping for. Our house isn't big, it is about 1400 sq ft.

Comment

I just had mine done by Certified Foundation. The owner Derrell is a hell of a good guy. I've known the guy for years and he has done work for more than one person I know. He has an engineer come out before and after the job. Wouldn't recommend anybody else.
                www.certifiedfoundation.com or call at 972-241-7300

Comment

Subscribed. My house has "slightly above average movement".
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                    I just had mine done by Certified Foundation. The owner Derrell is a hell of a good guy. I've known the guy for years and he has done work for more than one person I know. He has an engineer come out before and after the job. Wouldn't recommend anybody else.
                    Will definitely give him a call. Who should I say referred me? (not looking for a discount, just like to give credit where it is due!)

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      Will definitely give him a call. Who should I say referred me? (not looking for a discount, just like to give credit where it is due!)
                      You can tell him his roofer Donnie referred you. He just lifted my house a couple weeks ago. Decided to finally move and had to do some foundation work before I could put my house on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post

House built 1984, and we stairstep to a creek/river. Two weeks of solid rain, plus fat bastard truck, and hard ass tires prior to my new ones equals new cracks in the driveway and the garage, albeit hairline in garage. Freaked me out, so I am having a few companies come out to run the foundation. Two highly rated on google and Angies list, one, a recommendation from here.

First guy, Pinnacle foundation repair, kind of young, thought my garage was down 1.2 in one corner, but when I went out he was measuring where there was a dip in the ceiling, when I mentioned it, he moved the stick's. 4500 wanted to drop in 5 piers at garage. Said the rest of the house looked good all under .04 out. A note on the garage ceiling. When I bought this bitch there were two rooms out there. I ripped all that out and put my garage back. Well, that's where my attic stairs are so I stored lots of stuff up there. One day I thought, is the ceiling bowing a little? Why yes, yes it was from the dumbasses pulling out the center supports, i guess to add a more roomy feeling to the attic? Of course and I took out the walls themselves. So, I hammered some 2x4s in the garage to wedge it back up and then added some support back into the roof. I need to go back and clean it up a little more with those jack thingy's but it is a tad wavy in places.

Next guy, a 15 year guy, signed off on my house being within spec. He was from Structured Foundations out of Euless. One of those no bullshit, analytical types, measured the garage in the four corners. I even tried to argue with this guy, he wasn't having it. Left me the report, told me he had just quoted a 20k job so he knows what a bad foundation looks like. He even explained every crack I had concerns about. Said slap some mortar in that shit basically. LOL

Last guy, coming Monday, Darrel himself from the recommendation on here. I will be curious what he says. I am confident the rest of the house is fantastic, but the garage still weirds me out a little. I literally just put the nose of that truck in for three days on and off and worked on it all day those days.

I have been meaning to get my house checked anyways. There has been a small crack in my roof sheetrock since I moved in between my kitchen and living room close to the garage area, always thought the front was dropping a little. My driveway was one of the few survivors in the neighborhood surprisingly with the shit I park on it. I did notice when the wife was driving in one day this summer I could here that solid hollow thud noise. I mean I was just dumb enough to be driving on and off the sides and doing 4 point turns on the piece outside of the garage after a monsoon. Note to self, drive in and out in a straight line.

I just figured I would give you guys some info in case you go through this.

Oh and three driveway quotes. 15k,12k, 11k so far. It is a long bastard like 150 something feet and the entry is even messed up. Not a priority as I am remolding a bath and my pool needs an update and some skimmers. 10k was that quote. I guess I can't complain to much for what I paid for this thing. I am just thankful she is stable.
                        Last edited by kingjason; 01-29-2021, 04:25 PM.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Used Oshan for complete front of 2800 sq ft house.

Was 11k I'm sure we overpaid but they did a great job and cleaned up nicely. Limetime warranty
                          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                            Used Oshan for complete front of 2800 sq ft house.

Was 11k I'm sure we overpaid but they did a great job and cleaned up nicely. Limetime warranty
                            I kept getting pop ups for them. If 5 piers were 4500.00 yours sounds about right. The kid from Pinnacle just called me baffled. I told him Monday would the tie breaker.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

It sounds like you should be more concerned about tge structural integrity of the framing above the foundation in the garage, than the foundation if the previous owner removed framing and added in rooms.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X