Yello Belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yello Belly

Been watching the Yello Belly (aka Hood Track) race nights on Twitch last couple of weeks. Thur and Sun nights Twitch user "Murda" streams all the races. There are clapped out foxbodies, newer muscle, work trucks and motorcycles making runs. But my favorite part is the cluster fuck of people betting and causing drama in the pits. The track is in horrible shape these days. I've started looking forward to the streams. Check it out if you need a time filler. He also streams from nicer tracks on Fri/Sat if there are events.

Cars and Drag Racing is my thing and im a Gamer! Times are tweeted out @Murdatv ! Building and Racing my Dream Car thnx too your support!So Thank you all for the Support and Luv! Business email: management@murdaracing.com

What a cluster fuck. I feel like I was mugged twice and that someone came to my house and broke in to my car just while I was watching the stream.

Last edited by CexMashean; 08-14-2020, 04:39 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Ennis was the same a few weeks ago when I went. It was crazy. People all over the track, standing around, betting, shooting dice, smoking weed. I wonder if they are migrating.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
        Ennis was the same a few weeks ago when I went. It was crazy. People all over the track, standing around, betting, shooting dice, smoking weed. I wonder if they are migrating.
        Always have been. Years ago it was Kennedale on Friday, Denton on Saturday and Yellowbelly on Sunday. Ennis actually teched cars and had security so you didn't see as many people standing on the line or smoking weed.

Comment

What kind of bottom feeder pulls up to a track like that, sees that, and doesn't leave?
          sigpic

Comment

I love this. Not sure why yall want a racetrack to look like a Sunday service...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              I love this. Not sure why yall want a racetrack to look like a Sunday service...
              It sucks when you're in a car with street tires and want to drive around the water box, but there is people in the way so you don't. The front tires bring a little bit of water on the track, and track conditions get worse each time.

Comment

I don’t mind a relaxed atmosphere, but get the hell outta the way and please don’t stab me.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  It sucks when you're in a car with street tires and want to drive around the water box, but there is people in the way so you don't. The front tires bring a little bit of water on the track, and track conditions get worse each time.
                  I'm not a drag racer so this makes some sense. I just love the fast and furious/street race feeling of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    I've not been to the Belly, but based on that video it doesn't look like you can drive around the water box regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      I've not been to the Belly, but based on that video it doesn't look like you can drive around the water box regardless.
                      True, true. But that was my experience with one of my last trips to Kennedale.

RIP Kennedale.

Comment

that's hilarious! I've seen better conditions street racing

Comment

I feel like my gbody would fit in just fine lol
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            You can't. I use to race there occasionally a long time ago. The worst part is the track, it narrows down to a single lane long before the 1/8th mile mark.

The days of Yello Belly are numbered. At work, I have been approached a few times by brokers to buy the gold course next door. It won't be much longer and someone will buy the golf course and the track and make it an industrial park. It is a great location for that sort of thing and the land just to the north of it that fronts I30 has already been converted to that use.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              You can't. I use to race there occasionally a long time ago. The worst part is the track, it narrows down to a single lane long before the 1/8th mile mark.

The days of Yello Belly are numbered. At work, I have been approached a few times by brokers to buy the gold course next door. It won't be much longer and someone will buy the golf course and the track and make it an industrial park. It is a great location for that sort of thing and the land just to the north of it that fronts I30 has already been converted to that use.
                              I think south of the train tracks tends to flood from what I recall. Seen it bad a few times over the years, so might not be worth a lot land wise. They are building another industrial area north of 30 toward beltline. That whole area is filling up with the warehouse type buildings the last few years.

As for Yellowbelly only track I've never raced on around here. Always wanted to go but seems pretty shady not sure it is worth the drama.
                              1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                              1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                              2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X