Has anyone run Smolov or Smolov Jr.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone run Smolov or Smolov Jr.?

Finished the first session tonight and I'm curious if anyone has experience from running all 13 weeks.

The full Smolov cycle is a brutal 13 week reckoning. In the tables below, all percentages are based off your 1 rep max (check out our smolov calculator or app to compute your weights). At a high level, the program consists of the following: Phase In This initial two week phase is all about getting […]
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

I have not, but the gym I used to lift at (Arlington Strength & Conditioning) had a few people do it a while ago, coaches included. As far as I know it was brutal but it sure worked.

Comment

I did a modified smolov for deadlift 6 or 7 years ago with two other guys and we all made good gains but it was fucking brutal. Beware of burn out or injury though. Some recovery "supplements" would definitely help.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
        I did a modified smolov for deadlift 6 or 7 years ago with two other guys and we all made good gains but it was fucking brutal. Beware of burn out or injury though. Some recovery "supplements" would definitely help.
        Like running deca for 8 weeks at the end.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Lol, I hopefully I can get through it without the USSR special blend.

I Olympic lift and this summer I bulked up to 215 and my snatch and clean and jerk went to 102kg and 127kg, respectively.

I'm hoping Smolov will help my top line squat numbers and drive up the two lifts as a result.

Definitely not going to skimp on sleep or eating well for the next few months.

I'm just in the 'Phase In' portion right now and I can already tell it's going to be rough moving forward.
          An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
          X