RIP Bob Hoover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Bob Hoover

one of the truly great pilots. Watch the video to see some engine off flying.

Aviation legend R.A. "Bob" Hoover died Tuesday at age 94. He escaped the Nazis by stealing one of their planes.

He obviously already has the wallet. RIP.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I met Bob Hoover just 5 weeks ago. RIP Bob Hoover, thank you for your service.

Comment

I had never heard of him, but wow! I watched some of this too, which was really interesting. I could listen to stories like that for hours.

Comment

Bob was truly one of the greatest aviators ever to have slipped the surly bonds of Earth. He was also one of the baddest mf'ers ever to walk on it. RIP, Bob.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

RIP, sir.

If you haven't watched "Flying the Feathered Edge," immediately stop what you're doing and watch it. Worth every second of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
              RIP, sir.

If you haven't watched "Flying the Feathered Edge," immediately stop what you're doing and watch it. Worth every second of your time.
              $3.99 to watch on Youtube, Amazon, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X