No announcement yet.

Cosigned on student loan - am i screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this would ever end up in front of a judge, but I would LOVE to be standing on the opposite side of a courtroom from he and his wife and let a judge hear the crap she has said regarding the student loan. Give evidence of everything they've bought and sold over the years since taking this loan and intentionally not paying for it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      When did i say any of that? Is your mind so simple as to see only 2 options? Get an felony or cry? Lol that's the depth of your thought processing abilities.
      yes sir my mind is that simple. it's either black or white wrong or right. I am a 60 year old man who lived through the times of being a man and standing up for yourself. if you let someone take advantage of you and don't do something about it then it's all on you.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
        yes sir my mind is that simple. it's either black or white wrong or right. I am a 60 year old man who lived through the times of being a man and standing up for yourself. if you let someone take advantage of you and don't do something about it then it's all on you.
        The problem is that the law protects the scumbags. Same reason I didn't go kick the shit out of the junkyard owner that screwed me for $1k. The law says "It's a civil matter, handle it in civil court", but civil court has no teeth to get you justice. If you handle it with vigilante justice, THEN it becomes a criminal matter.

Now, if we had a civil court like Britain's high court, where they will come in and take your shit without exceptions, then things would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
          Don't listen to this guy. Take all the advise from the forum, kick his ass, slash his tires, bang his wife, then get a lawyer.
          Don’t listen to this forum either. I would go get a bottle of cheap bourbon and consult it. Listen to the liquor, it will tell you what to do.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
            I couldn't agree more. Some of us may actually own a business where certain clients require background checks for any and all contractors working on their projects. An assault charge would literally cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars, not to mention the loss of pay for my staff.

So easy to type this but you know it's bullshit. Some people just suck and getting punched in the face isn't going to change their outlook on life.
            But it sure would be nice to smile while you write that check every month. Best of luck to you. I hope it all gets worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              The problem is that the law protects the scumbags. Same reason I didn't go kick the shit out of the junkyard owner that screwed me for $1k. The law says "It's a civil matter, handle it in civil court", but civil court has no teeth to get you justice. If you handle it with vigilante justice, THEN it becomes a criminal matter.

Now, if we had a civil court like Britain's high court, where they will come in and take your shit without exceptions, then things would be different.
              so are you afraid to go to jail for what you believe in? just asking

Comment

If it’s something that can be handled by paying an attorney a couple of months worth of the loan payments, hell yes it’s not worth going to jail over.

Comment

You hurt my family, I'll go full Frank Castle on you and head to jail with a smile. Not willing to go to jail over money, I can always make more.

Comment

But it sure would be nice to smile while you write that check every month. Best of luck to you. I hope it all gets worked out.

I agree! But for reasons I stated above, not going to happen.

This is the first time I’ve taken any sort of legal action so I’m hopeful that it will end up positively in my favor.

Comment

This is the dumbest mentality there is when it comes to how the real world works.

If he goes to jail he cant run his company or protect this family. He loses at least 5X what he would end up paying and the other guy can then take him to civil court as well.

I'm willing to bet you've never done anything you're talking about or you dont have enough to lose anyways.

When keeping it real goes wrong comes to mind:

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        This is the dumbest mentality there is when it comes to how the real world works.

If he goes to jail he cant run his company or protect this family. He loses at least 5X what he would end up paying and the other guy can then take him to civil court as well.

I'm willing to bet you've never done anything you're talking about or you dont have enough to lose anyways.

When keeping it real goes wrong comes to mind:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/67hgjb...n---uncensored
                        ok your right lol just be careful there might be some dust on your "participation" trophies. I won't post in this anymore

Comment

ok your right lol just be careful there might be some dust on your "participation" trophies. I won't post in this anymore
                          You fragile faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            You fragile faggot.
                            Hahahaha holy shit that caught me off guard and for the first time in a long time made me lol

Comment

From Sallie Mae's website:

What if the student dies or becomes disabled?
                              If a student dies or becomes permanently and totally disabled, we’ll waive all remaining payments on their Sallie Mae student loan. Call us at 800-472-5543.

Personally I'd contact the lender and see what they suggest. Most will have some kind of cosigner release form but they won't make it easy to find. There are also many ways to get student loan debt forgiven.

Comment

...I won't post in this anymore
                                Looks like you keep your "quitter" trophy well polished.

Comment

Working...
                                X