Springfield XDs 45 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield XDs 45 opinions

Anyone own one? I've checked one out at the counter but have not shot it.
    Recommended or no?

I like mine a lot. Not sure what else to say. Never had any problems and I think it's comfortable.

I carry that and my M&P Shield 9mm about same amount.

Comment

I have an XDS in .40 with the 3.8 bbl and love it. It has a good bit of muzzle flip, but that's more the rounds fault than the gun's.

Mechanically I like it, never had a failure with it in 750+ rounds. I can't comment on the .45 specifically, but I like the platform.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        I have an XDS in .40 with the 3.8 bbl and love it. It has a good bit of muzzle flip, but that's more the rounds fault than the gun's.

Mechanically I like it, never had a failure with it in 750+ rounds. I can't comment on the .45 specifically, but I like the platform.
        they don't make an xds in .40 or with a 3.8 buddy.

I carry the xds 9 in 4"
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post

I carry the xds 9 in 4"
          That's right, I'm thinking XDM. It's been a long day. Either way I still like the gun.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

I love my little dude xds in .45 . But last range trip the trigger isn't resetting forward. It sucks
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I bought an XDs .45 3.3" a few months ago and sold my Shield 40. I think the XDs is more comfortable to carry, and it seems to have less recoil than my old Shield 40 did..and I had better results at the range at 25yds. I like mine a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post

I carry the xds 9 in 4"

They just started making a .40 in the xds platform this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                  They just started making a .40 in the xds platform this year.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...le-stack-40sw/
                  Well I didn't know that. Considering both have the same ammo capacity, the .40S&W is a higher velocity round and the recoil is snappier making it less comfortable to shoot. The .45 is a heavier round with less recoil...easier to shoot. I'll stick with .45acp. Either will easily stop a threat provided you can hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    Well I didn't know that. Considering both have the same ammo capacity, the .40S&W is a higher velocity round and the recoil is snappier making it less comfortable to shoot. The .45 is a heavier round with less recoil...easier to shoot. I'll stick with .45acp. Either will easily stop a threat provided you can hit it.
                    Yeah it's something new. I am on their email list and got an email about it last week. I have shot my buddies xds .45 and personally diddent like it. For me it was far too much recoil for a small gun. Maybe I'm just use to it, but my Taurus pt640 which I believe is a 3.5" barrel in a .40 has less then his xds did. I bought an xds 9mm and it it a perfect fit for me. Extremely comfortable gun, recoil is very minimal for the size and it's pretty easy to hide. I love the little sucker!!

Comment

I love mine.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        I love my little dude xds in .45 . But last range trip the trigger isn't resetting forward. It sucks
                        That doesn't sound good. I would be interested in knowing what this problem is.

I've been thinking about picking one of these up, I've had a PF9 and an LCP , while it doesn't seem overly large handling it, how it it for concealed carry as far as comfort?

Comment

Pretty comfy to carry. Unless I have the extended mag in then it tends to poke me for some reason when Im driving.
                          Jon

Comment

I'll play the other side. I don't really care for mine that much. It is not pleasurable to shoot at all. The extended mag and Pachmayr grip helped to some degree. I like it from a "hand cannon" stand point but like my wife's Shield 9mm much better.

Comment

I've had one for a couple of years. Zero issues and it is easy to carry.

Comment

Working...
                              X