19 year old clocked at 208mph in a mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 year old clocked at 208mph in a mustang

Hector Fraire, 19, was arrested Nov. 14 in Canadian County on complaints of reckless driving and attempting to elude. (Canadian County Jail)
    share now!
    tweet now!
    OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — A 19-year-old driver has been arrested and faces charges of driving in excess of 200 miles per hour.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Captain Paul Timmons says 19-year-old Hector Fraire was traveling at record speeds Nov. 14 on the Kilpatrick Turnpike.

"200 miles an hour...That is extremely fast," Timmons said.

The OHP says Fraire was spotted by a trooper near the Council Road exit on the Kilpatrick and was clocked at 84 mph when the trooper attempted to pull him over.

"The guy was trying to get away from the trooper apparently he had turned off his headlights hoping to lose the trooper," Timmons said.

Timmons says the driver exited the turnpike at Northwest Expressway where another trooper spotted his 2011 Ford Mustang.

"It just so happened to be a Canadian County deputy sitting close to the area," Timmons said.

The deputy pulled him over into a parking lot where he was arrested for reckless driving and attempting to elude. Timmons says it is fortunate that no one was hurt.

"At that type of speed, the end result is going to be very bad," Timmons said.

Timmons says the Fraire reached a top speed of 208 mph during the pursuit.

component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01

what mods? and can I buy it at the police auction?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...8249&ref=br_rs

That's probably him.

Comment

Is this believable? If so, I am very surprised. I had no idea they could go over 200mph..

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Kid was driving a 2011.. I mean, not sure if that makes a difference but the '15s seems to be more aerodynamic for that kind of speed.

Comment

I didn't read the article, but I got arrested for an "estimated" 183 in a 60. Not sure how he landed on that number.

Comment

Did he steal Svo's car?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  I didn't read the article, but I got arrested for an "estimated" 183 in a 60. Not sure how he landed on that number.
                  Sounds like a guess to me.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

no way a 2011 mustang can get up to 208 mph!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Sounds like a guess to me.
                      He was a cool dude. He was more excited about how fast I was going than anything. He asked if I knew how fast I was to which I replied [shurg] 60? [/shrug ]

Comment

Corvettes with more power, less weight and a considerably aerodynamic advantage have a tough time hitting 185. This kid obviously has a Wednesday car. It's as fast as a Huracan on the big end.

Comment

Maybe he had a JATO in the trunk?

Comment

Maybe it was this guy...

Comment

I wonder if he can have the car dyno'd and certified to the power it makes and use that in court to prove that the car isn't capable of doing that speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X