Husaberg FE390

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husaberg FE390

I started spending time in Colorado for work and had the opportunity to use my friends KDX200 on the Rampart Range and once out in Moab. That was a ton of fun so decided I should pick something up for myself before breaking a bike that was not mine. I found this in Texas and drove to pick it up over the weekend. Great price considering some of the parts it has and being low hours. I will be going through everything this coming week and getting the suspension back to stock height (shorter female rider was PO). The plan is to get it street legal so I can ride out to Rampart and eventually do the Alpine Loop with a couple friends.

Nice. The guy I bought my ktm from had a berg and said the 70 degree motor is nice to ride

Comment

I have read they are great for tighter stuff which is primarily how things are in this part of Colorado. Suspension is a bit soft for motorcross type riding, but will likely never be doing anything like that.

Comment

Nice.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          I have read they are great for tighter stuff which is primarily how things are in this part of Colorado. Suspension is a bit soft for motorcross type riding, but will likely never be doing anything like that.
          Spend the 800 give or take and have the suspension sprung and valved for you, best thing you'll do besides tagging it. Also look at the tubliss system, it's tits.

And start following this channel if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJA...h1AEKY8vTEJPJg
          Last edited by Fatass; 05-16-2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I had looked into having the suspension done. I cant afford it right now and my weight is actually spot on for the spring rates and valving they ship with from the factory.

Comment

The clutch slave oring failed while I was moving the bike around the garage and there was a small leak in a coolant line that runs behind the exhaust primary. Slave oring is a know issue on KTM with the magura parts so the fix is cheap. Coolant hose not so much as the part is only sold with the merge coupling and two other hoses attached.

While waiting on those parts to come in I pulled the fuel tank to add heat barrier mat underneath. These are known to put heat into the fuel because of the funky exhaust routing. Causes premature pump failure and sometimes a no start condition once hot. I knew the bike had a rekluse clutch but pulled the cover and found it was one of the older Z-Start Pro models. Not sure if I will be keeping it but it may work out with the type of riding around here.

Comment

The z start is a good clutch. If it ain't broke, I'd leave it. Does it have the override lever? One of my favorite bikes to ride was a 450x with a z start and the clutch override and a left hand rear brake. My Gasgas EC300 will have a clake two before too long.

Comment

The factory lever is there and acts the same as stock but with a very light pull. Left hand rear brake is interesting but at this point I think its better for me to continue learning the foot brake. Once I gain some skill something like that could be fun.

Comment

My clutch slave just failed on my ktm 950. Replaced it with the better Oberon and will rebuild the stocker to keep as an emergency spare.

Need to upgrade the water pump soon too

Comment

With the oring being like $2 I wanted to give that a shot before going to one of the multi oring aftermarket units. If it fails again will likely just end up spending the money.

I also just did a whole bunch of reading on the clake lever systems and wow those are really cool. If the price was a bit lower I would try one of their pro models.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                        With the oring being like $2 I wanted to give that a shot before going to one of the multi oring aftermarket units. If it fails again will likely just end up spending the money.

I also just did a whole bunch of reading on the clake lever systems and wow those are really cool. If the price was a bit lower I would try one of their pro models.
                        Yeah they sure aren't cheap. That cross training channel on YouTube that I linked is great for riding tips and picking up new skills.

Comment

I got to ride a guys 2017 Husqvarna FX350 with rekluse clutch last weekend. I have been on the fence about buying a 4 stroke. I currently ride a 2014 KTM 200 XCW that I really like. I was not interested in the 350 due to it being, in my mind, big and heavy. Once I jumped on the 350 my mind was completely changed. It actually felt more narrow than my 200 and felt extremely nimble. The combo of traction control and the Rekluse were awesome. Now I just need to decide on finding a left over 2017 or go with the 2018 in a few months.

Comment

The newer ones do seem a good bit slimmer both in weight and physical size. I was just looking at them when picking up some parts at the dealer last week. White frames are weird.

I was able to get the clutch oring in and the new coolant hose installed. Clutch feels good and no more slow coolant leak. I got the tank back on and was able to ride it a bit to get some heat into everything. It started to stall at idle and showed symptoms of the fuel pump issues many of these have. Went ahead and pulled the tank back off so I could get the pump and in tank filter out. In tank filter was black so removed it and ordered another along with the CA Cycleworks upgraded pump. Also backflushed the injector and replaced the factory 10 micron pre-injector filter.

Should have it back together this weekend.

Comment

Good choice on the Berg. We should organize a group ride sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X