No announcement yet.

Harvey --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up in Houston and still have family and friends down there. Most are riding it out but expecting similar to Alison where it just rained for days. Prayers to everyone down there

Comment

For you that like to track the barometric pressure along the coast line and the times of the high tides during a hurricane,

BP.....http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

High Tides.....http://www.saltwatertides.com/dynami...exassites.html
      Mustangs previously owned:
      1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
      1992 LX AOD
      1993 LX Drag Car
      1995 GTS
      1997 Cobra
      2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
      Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
      2016 Honda Accord Touring
      2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

I called my brother and told him to GTFO of there. The idiot is still gonna ride it out. I know we're Louisiana boys and used to hurricanes but his new house is on the southern side of Houston, closer to the coast. I hope he doesn't end up regretting this.

Comment

Dumb but, I understand why people do that .. hope it just peters out

Comment

During Hurricane Carla, our house in Texas City had 3-5 feet of water and mud in it due to the storm surge and the high tides. No storm wind damage. My brother lives now in Houston and it floods there in many places all the time from the bayous. If they get 40 inches like they are predicting now, I can only imagine the terrible damage just due to water rising. But always there are people wandering out during the storm and getting swept away in the rising and running water.
            Mustangs previously owned:
            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
            1992 LX AOD
            1993 LX Drag Car
            1995 GTS
            1997 Cobra
            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
            2016 Honda Accord Touring
            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              I called my brother and told him to GTFO of there. The idiot is still gonna ride it out. I know we're Louisiana boys and used to hurricanes but his new house is on the southern side of Houston, closer to the coast. I hope he doesn't end up regretting this.
              I'm in Houston and I don't know anyone in the Houston area who is planning on evacuating. We are in northern Brazoria County, and the first rain bands came in a couple hours ago, last night they didn't expect us to see anything until late afternoon.

Everything has been pointing to us just getting hammered by rain for the next few days(some models show ~24"plus), but the really strong winds should stay well to our south. We've only been in this house a year and a half, but it didn't take any water during TS Allison, so hopefully we won't have any problems. If we lose power, however, everyone will quickly regret their decision to stay. I lost power for 9 days in East Texas during Ike, and it was not fun.
              2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

My ex and 2 boys live in Pearland. Their neighborhood has never flooded and they have a generator to run the house if the power goes out.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                  My ex and 2 boys live in Pearland. Their neighborhood has never flooded and they have a generator to run the house if the power goes out.
                  We are in east Pearland. No generator though...
                  2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Harvey Danger
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Yeah, I am supposed to be leaving on a cruise this sunday. Don't think that one is happening. Fucking delusional Carnival is still saying that everything is OK. Those fuckers really hate to refund your money.

Any board members down there, be safe.

Comment

Maybe the ford dealer in Texas City will have a post hurricane sale. They have an explorer my wife wants.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          Maybe the ford dealer in Texas City will have a post hurricane sale. They have an explorer my wife wants.
                          Maybe the deal will blow you away.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                            Maybe the deal will blow you away.
                            I bet they get flooded with offers...

Comment

discounts just raining down!
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X