Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The house we bought earlier this year..(fixer upper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The house we bought earlier this year..(fixer upper)

Sold our old house and bought a house that’s pretty run down.. anyway I’ve been chipping away at it as I get time and money.. when we bought it, there was a lot of issues! It still has a LONG way to go.. but I’ll get there eventually. Had to farm out some of the work in the beginning as we only had 30 days to move in from our closing on old house.. but did a lot myself too..
    The roof was original from 83 so the house leaked like a mofo.. got the roof and foundation work done first thing

"PSH!!!"

It needed lots of drywall work and paint as the roof fucked up a lot of the inside

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Lots of crazy ass repair work they had to cut out a lot of damage because when it rained outside, it rained inside lol

Last edited by Stephen; 01-24-2019, 11:14 PM.
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

New floors, base boards, plugs, light switches, vents, blinds, all lighting and fans are new etc. got a tree service too

Last edited by Stephen; 01-24-2019, 11:18 PM.
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

It’s still got a long way to go but livable now

pic share
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Your bed in the last picture is very comfortable. I mean, it looks very comfortable.

Comment

Damn man that looks like a fuck ton of work! Did you pay cash or get a mortgage for it? I wouldn't think a bank would touch that given the state it was in? You certainly saved it though, looks great now!

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
              Your bed in the last picture is very comfortable. I mean, it looks very comfortable.
              I almost spit out my coffee.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Nice transformation and I hope you had the water damage properly dressed to prevent further mold growth.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  Damn man that looks like a fuck ton of work! Did you pay cash or get a mortgage for it? I wouldn't think a bank would touch that given the state it was in? You certainly saved it though, looks great now!

I almost spit out my coffee.
                  No mortgage, and yes it’s been a LOT of work.. hopefully I can do the siding and windows this year.. then the bathrooms and kitchen (they’re still in ok shape but old and dated).. then the other 7462936292747 things it needs..
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Nice transformation and I hope you had the water damage properly dressed to prevent further mold growth.
                      Any drywall that had black on it was cut out and replaced.. prior to moving in, I also thoroughly pulled the air handler apart and cleaned the shit out of it.. it was super dirty but no moldy type stuff inside or at the registers
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I also bought an ozone generator and it was pretty much running for 2 weeks anytime nobody was there.. it kills mold as well. I even ran it in the attic for a couple days

The house had been smoked in for 25 years and it took 99% of that smell away too..

Everyone needs one!
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Nice work man. Ozone generator huh? Interesting.

Comment

Great job man

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              Nice work man. Ozone generator huh? Interesting.
                              Yea they’re cool.

If anyone ever buys a car that smells like smoke/mildew/dog shit/dead hooker stank, come see me! I’ll have literally any/every smell gone in 30 min!
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X