New ride.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ride.

I’ve actually listened to some of you on the Toyota Tacoma post made. And I’ve came to the same conclusion that for towing trailers a full-size truck is the way to go. Nothing special. New super crew STX 4x4. Came with a nice bedliner. 101A mid. And V8. I’m still trying to get used to this damn 10 speed transmission though. The shifts are so damn quick it feels like the rear end is slipping. But anyway yeah just got it yesterday the first thing I did today was put some weather tech floor mats upfront. I’ll order a cheaper brand for the back.

It is a little nerve-racking listening to a brand new motor tick. Anyone else have this little ticking sound? Maybe after a good break-in I should use thicker oil?

Selling the old suburban $2950 obo

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

What gear ratio does it have in the rear? I personally would dump the factory fill asap and go with a 30 weight.

Comment

Use the oil the factory recommends

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
        Use the oil the factory recommends
        Absolutely this!
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Congrats! The ticking is the direct injection. My 2018 Sierra with the 6.2 makes the same light ticking at idle.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            I personally would dump the factory fill asap and go with a 30 weight.
            Yeah what do those engineers know, I heard it's best to use 80w90 to get the quietest engine possible.
            Originally posted by Marisa
            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Nice truck man! The Toyota’s are sweet little trucks and hold their value better than anything, but I don’t think they would pull a trailer nearly as well as your ford!
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                Yeah what do those engineers know, I heard it's best to use 80w90 to get the quietest engine possible.
                These new engines have sleeves in the pistons, so they don't even really need oil. It's a gimmick to make more money for big oil companies.

Nice truck! You won't regret it.

Comment

Wait, now you can go 4 wheeling with the gang!

As some know I bought a Jeep about a month ago but still haven't had a chance to get it off road. I am planning on taking it out to Bridgeport in a couple of weeks but wanted to get some input / opinions of other places you guys may have been.. Picture of the new (to me) ride:

Comment

Ahh.. Warranty? Use the factory rated oil. Nice truck and good choice on the Weathertech mats. I've had them on two different vehicles. Well worth the money and the carpet still looks great underneath them.

Comment

Exactly...all they have going for them is decades of experience and tens of thousands of hours testing for reliability.

I read a facebook post that says I need to put antifreeze in the transmission to keep it from freezing up in the winter. That's the information ford engineers dont want us to see because it means less money for them and big oil. Given my extensive facebook research...I am more qualified than those stupid paper degree holding sissies

Comment

Nice and yes stick to the recommended oil....if you can take it to the stealership for oil changes so they keep track of it.
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Wait, now you can go 4 wheeling with the gang!

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=66529
                          Do any of the off-road parks have cattle?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Exactly...all they have going for them is decades of experience and tens of thousands of hours testing for reliability.

I read a facebook post that says I need to put antifreeze in the transmission to keep it from freezing up in the winter. That's the information ford engineers dont want us to see because it means less money for them and big oil. Given my extensive facebook research...I am more qualified than those stupid paper degree holding sissies
                            engineers also make shitty designs. my bike for example. i can tell you about 3-4 things that are going to fail with almost certainty. the manufacture never really got it right either in a ten year stretch, so we all look to the aftermarket. just an alternate to what you think you and other engineers are so certain of.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                              engineers also make shitty designs. my bike for example. i can tell you about 3-4 things that are going to fail with almost certainty. the manufacture never really got it right either in a ten year stretch, so we all look to the aftermarket. just an alternate to what you think you and other engineers are so certain of.
                              Piston slap! /

That said, I do agree on sticking with the OEM suggested oil.

David

Comment

Working...
                              X