Prepping for dog attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepping for dog attack

So, my dogs were going ape shit at 3am, I went outside to investigate with one of my dogs and my neighbors pit was outside in their front yard and it charged me/my dog, I had my Beretta in my hand and broke up the fight with my dog by yelling and sort of pistol whipping the other dog.

I'll tell you what, it happened so fast I don't know that I could have shot the pit w/o shooting my dog as well, anyway, fortunately nothing happened.

That being said the adrenaline was flowing and I couldn't sleep, got my son up at 6am to get on the bus, the pit will still out there and started barking at my son but didn't charge, of course I am paranoid as hell so I'm standing in my yard between the dog and my kid just in case, he got on the bus and all is well.

I'm trying to figure out what to tell him if he gets charged by a dog, I know they usually tear up kids faces, my son is 7 and usually gets off the bus by himself, I don't really know where to go from here on how to tell him to protect himself. Even if that dog disappears there are other chances this could happen as I am in the country, does anyone have any insight on how to prepare him?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Getting off the bus....I'd have him take a look around and if he sees the dog - have him ask the driver to stick around a second until he gets in the house. Otherwise, could just ask the driver to hang out while the kid gets in house and instruct your kid to bee line it there running.

Otherwise, it's like anything else - just has to TRY and be aware - which is not something easily done for a 7 y/o that lives a modern life that we do.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This is one of those situations were you picked the wrong weapon. A trusty pocket knife and this post would read: Today I had to put my neighbors dog down lol.

But seriously, you need to get rid of that dog. I was terrified of medium-large size dogs as a kid and all I could think of at school was whether or not that dog was going to let me live today

Comment

I don't know if there is anything a kid can do against a dog. Doubt he can outrun it, know he can't fight it off, best thing is probably fetal position and cover his head and neck area. Maybe use a backpack between him and the dog.

Simplest way to deal with it is to deal with the aggressive dog. Either animal control, the pistol, or talking with the neighbors about putting him up. Damned near every county has leash or fence laws and they sure as shit don't want a giant lawsuit due to their dog.

Comment

My dog got attacked by the same dog twice. The first time I had to just beat the dog and tear his hair out and it ran off. It was a 120lb great pyrenees which are normally not aggresive dogs.

After that I started carrying pepper spray and I unloaded a can when it attacked a few weeks later. That still took a few minutes to even register on the dog and was only marginally effective. If it wasnt in a busy subdivision i would have shot it on site. Luckily the owner was a reasonable person and realized the dog couldnt be kept around people because it was just too damn aggressive. After he got rid of it the problem disappeared.

You son cant carry any weapon and they still take a while to kick in. So my recommendation is to get rid of the neighbors dog first because it has already attacked...and have the bus driver stick by for your son to come into the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            My dog got attacked by the same dog twice. The first time I had to just beat the dog and tear his hair out and it ran off. It was a 120lb great pyrenees which are normally not aggresive dogs.

After that I started carrying pepper spray and I unloaded a can when it attacked a few weeks later. That still took a few minutes to even register on the dog and was only marginally effective. If it wasnt in a busy subdivision i would have shot it on site. Luckily the owner was a reasonable person and realized the dog couldnt be kept around people because it was just too damn aggressive. After he got rid of it the problem disappeared.

You son cant carry any weapon and they still take a while to kick in. So my recommendation is to get rid of the neighbors dog first because it has already attacked...and have the bus driver stick by for your son to come into the house.
            Great Pyrenees is a livestock guardian dog, so they can sure as shit be aggressive when they want to be. My sister has one that's half Pyrenees and half Anatolian Sheppard and yeah, she is super sweet most of the time, but my sisters yellow lab got froggy with her and she tore him a new one.

Comment

You can't blame the dog for having shity owners. Unless you just feel like killing it it is easier to make friends with a thing. I can't tell you how many aggressive dogs I've had to deal with and after a little bit most of them are so excited to see me they're practically doing flips.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This little trick will usually work about 90% of the time

If you get charged then charge back faster and harder and yell at the top of your lungs. I have found that this works more often then not simply because the dog is not used to a human doing that and will almost always scare the shit out of them..

Ive also had this not work and when it doesn't be prepared to stab, shoot, or gouge eyes

Comment

Make him carry a bag of snausages on him at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    Great Pyrenees is a livestock guardian dog, so they can sure as shit be aggressive when they want to be. My sister has one that's half Pyrenees and half Anatolian Sheppard and yeah, she is super sweet most of the time, but my sisters yellow lab got froggy with her and she tore him a new one.
                    This sounds exactly right. It was a truly shitty situation but the dogs owner lived on a farm and passed away. It was his son that then tried looking over it and it kept breaking out.

My dog was a yellow lab too.

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    Make him carry a bag of snausages on him at all times.
                    Great idea. This is exactly what my mom made me do when I was younger and it actually worked. Damn I cant believe I forgot all about it. I actually used those ol'Roy gravy bones but same concept

Comment

I would notify the authorities that your neighbor has a vicious Pit that is roaming freely off leash and that it has already attempted an attack. Sounds like a shitty owner.

Comment

SSS
                        Shoot Shovel Shut up

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                          This little trick will usually work about 90% of the time

If you get charged then charge back faster and harder and yell at the top of your lungs. I have found that this works more often then not simply because the dog is not used to a human doing that and will almost always scare the shit out of them..

Ive also had this not work and when it doesn't be prepared to stab, shoot, or gouge eyes
                          This 100%......till...You meet the one in a million that you’ll have to do the shoot, stab, etc. there are crazy ones out there, they are just few and far between. FYI most breeds that are the deranged crazy ones are herders. Shepard’s, heelers and the like. It’s honestly rare for pits and rotts to not adhere to the dominate charge back.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            You can't blame the dog for having shity owners. Unless you just feel like killing it it is easier to make friends with a thing. I can't tell you how many aggressive dogs I've had to deal with and after a little bit most of them are so excited to see me they're practically doing flips.
                            Sounds like you’ve ran into a few Akita’s. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                              I don't know if there is anything a kid can do against a dog. Doubt he can outrun it, know he can't fight it off, best thing is probably fetal position and cover his head and neck area. Maybe use a backpack between him and the dog.

Simplest way to deal with it is to deal with the aggressive dog. Either animal control, the pistol, or talking with the neighbors about putting him up. Damned near every county has leash or fence laws and they sure as shit don't want a giant lawsuit due to their dog.
                              I agree with all of this. I wouldn't try to equip the kids to handle a viscous dog. I'd get rid of the dog itself. At least let the owner know what he'll have to deal with in the event there's an attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X