Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 70D is closer to the D7200 so it's not really a fair comparison. The D3300 is an entry level SLR. It's a good camera but it doesn't have the same bells and whistles as the Canon, and it shouldn't since most novices won't know how to use them anyway.

If she's the type that'll take the time to learn all of the functions and will eventually invest in better lenses then I'd go for that Canon, or look at the D7200. If she plans on getting really into it then she'll be disappointed in all of them and will want a full frame and you'll need to spend 3x this much.

Comment

I bought my wife a d7000 last Christmas. I still don't know how to use it. I try to shoot my sons football game using manual mode and some pics come out ok. Better than auto mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
        I bought my wife a d7000 last Christmas. I still don't know how to use it. I try to shoot my sons football game using manual mode and some pics come out ok. Better than auto mode.
        And that's the problem with buying the more expensive models. My wife shoots with the same camera and manually sets everything but the focus.

I got her this lens a few months ago and it's made her life a lot easier:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-NIKKOR-24-70mm-Focus-Cameras/dp/B000VDCT3C[/ame]

Of course now she wants a full frame camera to go with it.

Comment

Ultimately it comes down to your budget. If your budget is 500ish then getting one of those Amazon bundles is a good deal because it basically costs what you would pay for the camera by itself. Most of the stuff in the bundle is garbage however.

If your budget is 1k, then I would look at getting just a Canon body then buying a nicer lens than the kit lens. 10-22mm for landscape or 50mm for portraiture (people) photography.

Can't go wrong with Canon or Nikon, they are both great and it's going to come down to which one feels better in your hand, looks cooler, is cheaper etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            And that's the problem with buying the more expensive models. My wife shoots with the same camera and manually sets everything but the focus.

I got her this lens a few months ago and it's made her life a lot easier:

Of course now she wants a full frame camera to go with it.
            I wish I could get that lens at that price. £1600 seems a bit too much.
            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
            X