GT5, yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT5, yes or no?

Lots of talk about it in the other thread, but no one is saying OMG WTF BBQ you have to go get it, is it a must have?

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

If you've liked any of the previous Gran Turismos then yes, it is a must have.

Comment

Gt is a love or hate game if you have liked the old ones get it if not don't. If you have never played one then I would get it.
      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I disagree, I hate alot of the game but love alot too. My wife laughs at me because I have been cussing this game yet keep playing. Here is my run down.....

-Pros
        alot of cars to choose from
        very realistic handling

-Cons
        very very limited customizing (paint, etc)
        maintnance like changing oil gets old
        VERY slow to navigate between screens and races.

Like I said, I keep coming back and playing some more so it is fun but gets old quick IMO. I havent tried Forza 3 but I liked Forza 2 a bit better than this. Oh and for having to wait as long as I did for GT5, I expected a game that was alot more polished that this. The graphics are no where near as good as they were on the commercials and what I expected from a GT game. On a 1 to 10 I give it a 6.

Comment

ouch, maybe I will stick to NFS shift for now
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I guess opinions are like assholes...

I think the graphics are amazing. And who really cares about the paint deal? If you want tribal flames on your pile of shit civic, this isn't the game for you. I suggest any of the NFS games if you are all about the bling, and not about actual racing simulation.

The load times are the only thing that bothers me. But really, what games don't have load times? It's obvious that the games with the graphics and complexity we demand have surpassed the ability of the proceessors and such.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

maybe

Comment

Game looks great. Gameplay is great.

If you've ever wanted over 300 different skylines, supras, evo's and corvettes to drive, go for it.
                I like the games, and the different types of races, but i hate how they scream about how many cars there are, when 75% are just the same thing with a different color swap.
                sigpic

Comment

they should fire the guy that did the shadows.

Comment

I'm on the fence. I rented it the day it came out and I like the actual racing, the physics, graphic are pretty.. good but was expecting more, the 3D is pretty fucking cool. I didnt really get into the old GT games hardcore. The last one I really played was GT2 so I dont remember that game enough to do a good comparison.

I will probably buy it though. My main bitch right now is that when I tried to race the series i never seem to have the right car for that series, and then you have to blindly search for the right car and it only tells you the country of origin for the car that needs to purchased. Maybe I am missing something or some part of the game that needs to be played to get the right cars, but in general it is a pain in the ass to buy the right car and if you do find a car that fits the class, its usually a turd.

Right now I am stuck on level 10 and frustrated with the game.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

a quick way to see if you have eligible cars for a particular race is to go to the screen where the races are and look in the lower right corner for your garage. it will only show cars that you own that can race in those specific races. you can even change cars right there.

Comment

Originally posted by flybye70ss View Post
                        a quick way to see if you have eligible cars for a particular race is to go to the screen where the races are and look in the lower right corner for your garage. it will only show cars that you own that can race in those specific races. you can even change cars right there.
                        Was just about to say the same thing.

Side note, in the compact car series, you can use ANY car. I don't know why, but it lets you. I used my Lamo Countach and raced against Vitzs, civics, etc. It was pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                          Was just about to say the same thing.

Side note, in the compact car series, you can use ANY car. I don't know why, but it lets you. I used my Lamo Countach and raced against Vitzs, civics, etc. It was pretty sad.
                          I used the 76 Ferrari for the Hot Hatch series, as well as the compact series. lulz. It wasn't very fun, though. haha
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            I used the 76 Ferrari for the Hot Hatch series, as well as the compact series. lulz. It wasn't very fun, though. haha
                            It let me use the mclaren F1 for that race lol. I almost lapped everyone by the end of the race.

Comment

As far as the speed, the damn thing spent an hour saving the cars and tracks onto the hard drive, it should load ALOT faster than that. Also alot of the problems with navigating are due to the button layout. If you beat the first race in a 3 race series, it makes you exit 2 screens to get back to the series screen then go 2 screens into the second race in order to get started. Why not add a button at the end of the first race that says "next race in series" or something similar like the do on the liscenses?

Comment

Working...
                              X