No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran my first 5K yesterday in 32.55 and came in 69th. I wanted to come in under 30, but I had a late night. I'm very pleased considering I just started running again March 23rd after 2yrs off. Shooting for under 30min for my next race June 4th. I'm down from 258 last month, to 246 this morning! Maybe being skinnier by June will help with my time! ;o)
    Last edited by Jonny00GT; 05-15-2011, 03:28 PM.
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinger View Post
      Just started back to the gym April 18th.. weighed myself at 4:30 in the morning before hitting the gym for the first time in about 3 years... and saw 274.3.. biggest I have ever been.. Inching toward that 300 mark was really getting to me.. Im about to turn 29 and wanted a change..

Needless to say Im on my way.. the next Monday the 26th..weighed again before the gym.. I was down to 267.8

And again on the 2nd was down to 263.3..

The main thing I have done is cut my calorie intake by probably half.. down to 1500-1700 a day started walking a few times a week.. usually 2 or 3 miles.. and hitting the gym.. trying to do some jogging but that's kicking my ass..

I think the thing I hate the most is how weak I am at the gym.. used to bench 275-295 3 sets of 10 now Im struggling 205 8 or 9 times... But It will come back.

Just posting here to get some feedback and to track my self a little better. sorry for rambling..

Just weighed in this morning.. down to 256.4 I dont feel like I have lost almost 20lbs but my girl says it looks like I have..

Just thought I would update.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
        Ran my first 5K yesterday in 32.55 and came in 69th. I wanted to come in under 30, but I had a late night. I'm very pleased considering I just started running again March 23rd after 2yrs off. Shooting for under 30min for my next race June 4th. I'm down from 258 last month, to 246 this morning! Maybe being skinnier by June will help with my time! ;o)
        Did you run the entire thing in vibrams? If so how did it feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Did you run the entire thing in vibrams? If so how did it feel?
          Yes, I only run in Vibrams now. I'll describe the best I can without going off on a barefoot running advocate tirade. The first time I ran in them, the end of March, I couldn't stop giggling the whole 200yrd or so. Made me feel like a kid wearing socks in the bathtub! LOL!! I wanted to keep running, but after a lifetime of arch support making my feet and ankles weak, it's something you have to work up to or you'll hurt yourself.(or so I read) The best way I can describe running in them now that my feet, ankles and calves have aclimated is, just...natural, like I was born to do this, I'd just forgotten. If you want to see for yourself, find a good stretch of soft grass, take off your shoes and run like this: easy, smooth and light making as little noise as possible, landing with your feet under you contacting the 4th and 5th toe pad first. You will naturally keep from slamming your heal into the ground, only lightly touching it. (Youtube barefoot running for examples, but here is a pic, the one on the top http://www.urbansherp.com/wp-content...ng-posture.jpg ) Now imagine a thin layer of rubber under your feet so you still feel everything, but none of it stabs the bottom of your feet, like twigs, stiff grass, small rocks...barefoot, but padded. That's the best I can describe it. Be warned...it's freakin addicting! The only people I've heard talk bad about bafefoot running and supposed injuries are the people who have yet to try it or do ANY sort of research! Hell...even Nike, the evil instigator of the fat wedge running shoe empire, has come full circle to a running flat, the Nike Free!! Come...Joint us...drink the Koolaid! LOL!!!

-Jonny
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Nike free has actually been out for 6 or 7 years now, and I think those would be the only "barefoot" style shoe I would try. However in track I would try running barefoot and couldn't do it as it caused more pain.

Maybe now that I'm running 5Ks instead of the 100m dash I can try it here and there. I'm sure it would be ok on a limited basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Nike free has actually been out for 6 or 7 years now, and I think those would be the only "barefoot" style shoe I would try. However in track I would try running barefoot and couldn't do it as it caused more pain.

Maybe now that I'm running 5Ks instead of the 100m dash I can try it here and there. I'm sure it would be ok on a limited basis.
              If nothing else, it would begin to strengthen your arches and the muscles in your feet and help prevent injury.
              '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Ran my first 5K yesterday in 32.55 and came in 69th. I wanted to come in under 30, but I had a late night. I'm very pleased considering I just started running again March 23rd after 2yrs off. Shooting for under 30min for my next race June 4th. I'm down from 258 last month, to 246 this morning! Maybe being skinnier by June will help with my time! ;o)
                That is pretty good for that kind of body weight. I think I ran my first 5K at 27:12 and I weigh 215-220 or so. That was about a year ago and by no means am I someone who runs a lot, I do about 15 miles a week. You should be able to run under 30 with little effort. I want to do another one sometime.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  That is pretty good for that kind of body weight. I think I ran my first 5K at 27:12 and I weigh 215-220 or so. That was about a year ago and by no means am I someone who runs a lot, I do about 15 miles a week. You should be able to run under 30 with little effort. I want to do another one sometime.
                  There are a few of us running the firefly 5K June 4th. It's a night race. Come on out.

-Jonny
                  '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• I did it tonight! Ran a 5k at lunch, pretty light and easy and then ran at 10:15 tonight. I ran my 5K rout in 29:55! Ok...sleep time...spin class tomorrow. Just had to post it...that makes it real!

-Jonny
                    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• I took a spinning class last night. And even though I ride my bike on a regular basis......holy shit it was intense! It was my first spinning class ever so I had to get the hang of the tone and just what the instructor was trying to get us to do with the resistance on the bike and the correct position to stand or sit. All in all I loved it and will do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                        I took a spinning class last night. And even though I ride my bike on a regular basis......holy shit it was intense! It was my first spinning class ever so I had to get the hang of the tone and just what the instructor was trying to get us to do with the resistance on the bike and the correct position to stand or sit. All in all I loved it and will do it again.
                        That's my Weds! Gotta throw a towel down under the bike! Good stuff!

-Jonny
                        '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

That's my Weds! Gotta throw a towel down under the bike! Good stuff!

-Jonny
                          Ya my towel looked like I had dipped it in water after I was done. And as much as I cycle my legs are STILL gonna be sore! Good stuff!!

Comment

Ya my towel looked like I had dipped it in water after I was done. And as much as I cycle my legs are STILL gonna be sore! Good stuff!!
                            congrats bro! you look great! no homo.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

That's cause you're a BEAST! You get out of it, what you put in...sounds like you're "Doin' WORK"!

-Jonny
                              '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                                congrats bro! you look great! no homo.

god bless.
                                My ninja! Lol!! Thanks baby cakes!

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                                That's cause you're a BEAST! You get out of it, what you put in...sounds like you're "Doin' WORK"!

-Jonny
                                Yes sir! And my legs are SORE today. Haven't had sore legs in a while. I shall return today for another class!

Comment

Working...
                                X