Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood/laminate flooring

I know this general topic has been covered several times before. However:

When we first re-did our house, we did laminate in the hallway, family room, and one of the bedrooms that was to be a "hobby" room. The bedrooms got carpet and everywhere else got tile. Well, the carpet was a bad idea. We have an older dachshund and she is having "potty" issues. She has just about ruined the carpet in the master bedroom and the kid's room. Instead of having the carpets cleaned all the time, I would rather put down a hard flooring and prefer to stick with a laminate, as I have noticed a temperature difference in the cold months between the laminate and tile floors, thanks to the underlayment. We have found that the laminate that we installed, traffic master from HD, doesn't exactly hold up real well in the areas that the dog has pissed during the day and we aren't able to clean up right away.

Here is my dilemma, is it ok to have two different laminate/wood floors up against each other. So, the laminate that we have in the hallway right next to a different flooring in the bedrooms?

TL;DR

Dog is old and has cushings. dog pisses in house. Not getting rid of dog. Need new floors. Is it acceptable to install different laminate flooring in the bedrooms.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Similar situation, minus the dog, in our house happening. We put in 'wood' floors everywhere but the bedrooms and the wife now wants wood in the bedroom ()

Comment

different wood would be too odd for my OCD. replace carpet, keep bedroom doors closed until the pup gives up the ghost??

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        different wood would be too odd for my OCD. replace carpet, keep bedroom doors closed until the pup gives up the ghost??

god bless.
        Haha, I am evenly split. I figure the bedroom has different paint than everything else, the floor should be the same, but then when I walk from the hallway to the bedroom I think it would be weird.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
          Originally posted by CWO View Post
          Haha, I am evenly split. I figure the bedroom has different paint than everything else, the floor should be the same, but then when I walk from the hallway to the bedroom I think it would be weird.
          After talking with the wife, she is adamant it needs to be the same. Thankfully it is cheap laminate. I should be able to do his room for $200 or less.

yay projects...
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
          X