Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can any of y'all help me put my 48re(automatic transmission) back together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any of y'all help me put my 48re(automatic transmission) back together?

I bought a 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins from a friend of mine a couple years ago. It snapped the input shaft on the tranny so he made me an incredible deal and I trailered it home. I made some deals with some aftermarket transmission companies to supply the parts in trade to be shown on my YouTube channel. So, I tore down the tranny and waited 10 months for the companies to send me the parts(one company kept one of my parts for 10 months). I went to put it back together, following the ATSG manual, and none of the measurements I got was anything near what I understand they need to be. Iv tried tearing it down and reassembling it and get the same wrong readings. This truck was dyno'd @ 515hp to the rear wheels. So, the aftermarket companies who wanted to collaborate sent me the components for a tranny that'll withstand up to 750hp.
    I dont want to guess at anything and the only automatic tranny Iv ever rebuilt was at UTI back in 2001.
    I'm willing to pay anyone for their time or even pay a shop. The only catch is that I want to be there so I can learn what I'm doing wrong as well as be able to shoot video for the youtube channel.

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    I bought a 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins from a friend of mine a couple years ago. It snapped the input shaft on the tranny so he made me an incredible deal and I trailered it home. I made some deals with some aftermarket transmission companies to supply the parts in trade to be shown on my YouTube channel. So, I tore down the tranny and waited 10 months for the companies to send me the parts(one company kept one of my parts for 10 months). I went to put it back together, following the ATSG manual, and none of the measurements I got was anything near what I understand they need to be. Iv tried tearing it down and reassembling it and get the same wrong readings. This truck was dyno'd @ 515hp to the rear wheels. So, the aftermarket companies who wanted to collaborate sent me the components for a tranny that'll withstand up to 750hp.
    I dont want to guess at anything and the only automatic tranny Iv ever rebuilt was at UTI back in 2001.
    I'm willing to pay anyone for their time or even pay a shop. The only catch is that I want to be there so I can learn what I'm doing wrong as well as be able to shoot video for the youtube channel.
    I wish I could help but I took apart my remote and can’t even get that back together
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      I wish I could help but I took apart my remote and can’t even get that back together
      Lamo!

Comment

Working...
      X