Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Paid $5 Billion & Released 5 Taliban Prisoners For Deserter Bergdahl

Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, December 22, 2014, 7:40 AM

Lt. Colonel Tony Shaffer, author of The Last Line, and Ret. Col. David Hunt joined Bill O’Reilly to give an update on the Bowe Bergdahl prisoner swap. Lt. Colonel Shaffer told Bill the Obama administration paid $5 billion and released five top Taliban Gitmo detainees in exchange for deserter Bowe Bergdahl.

bob bergdahl
    Obama celebrated the release of deserter Bowe Bergdahl with a White House press conference in the Rose Garden in May 2014.

Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer, who was part of the negotiations, told Bill O’Reilly the US paid out $5 billion and traded five top Taliban detainees for Bergdahl.

Bill O’Reilly: Let me just stop you. There were three trade scenarios, there were three things they could have done. You were involved to try to work that out to some extent?

Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer: Not all of them involved trade. One of them essentially was a direct action. One of them involved my aspect, which was not again a trade. It was something working the issue. And, obviously the one the president went with was the $5 billion to Qatar and the trade of the five Taliban.

O’Reilly: Are you surprised this report… Why hasn’t been released? The Pentagon, they’re not supposed to be political.

Lt. Col. Shaffer: Bill, I understand General Dahl, the investigating officer did an incredible job… I understand he confirmed what was in previous report… Effectively, he deserted.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Captain Stating-the-obvious: We got fucked.

Comment

Sucks we pay for this crap.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I thought we didnt negotiate with terrorists?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I can't understand how that makes any sense to anyone.

Comment

I'd like to see that confirmed somewhere, sounds absurd. Then again, the shit our government has been pulling for the last 10 years makes some Onion articles look like well researched fact, so......

Comment

So they basically can't afford to pay for soldier's healthcare but have no problem handing 5 billion to Quatar.

Comment

My question is why was Bergdahl worth 5 billion? That's an honest question, because by all accounts it was known that he went pretty anti-American in sentiment and then deserted. Why is a known deserter and terrorism sympathizer worth 5 billion and 5 top Taliban in trade, while we still have several known civilians over there in captivity that are not being negotiated for?

We orchestrated a trade and effectively paid the money to Qatar for orchestrating the swap... Is it a cover-up and Bergdahl is a spy, perhaps?
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Has to be something more than a dbag E4 that walked off. He knows something important that Obama was willing to empty the bank and Gitmo for, not to mention have the Army give him back pay AND status as POW which has an assload of benefits that comes with that as well as pay. His investigation was over in October and we're in December and still being told that we're not going to be told anything anytime soon.

Comment

$5B to the terrorists? $5B to keep trying to kill us

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Is it a cover-up and Bergdahl is a spy, perhaps?
                      His background is pretty flaky. A kid from Idaho that never went to public school and took up martial arts and fencing but gave those up for ballet. Then somehow managed to make it to Alaska before joining and being kicked out of the Coast Guard only to pass the psych eval for the Army (by the age of 22). Then not only did he pass and land in a combat unit but he was deployed to the front lines. Also as a PFC he apparently was friends with an officer and had the freedom to associate with local Afghans and managed to learn their language.

He did get plenty of intel from his captors though. If he can remember how many times he was moved and how often plus local terrain, weather conditions, what kind of foods, how many guards or anything else he may be able to help locate other captives. While the guys we traded spend most of their time in Cuba in isolation.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        $5B to the terrorists? $5B to keep trying to kill us
                        Right, that 5B should support their cause quite well.
                        5B to them may net 10,000 dead Americans
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Is there any evidence of this or just this dudes word?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            Is there any evidence of this or just this dudes word?
                            I looked, but could not find anything. We did sign a huge arms deal with them a couple months after his release so it may have been related to that.

It also looks like the Army just completed their investigation and submitted their findings for review within the last few days.

Comment

So, latest update.

He's up for a couple of charges. He is claiming that he abandoned his post to go walk to another post to tell the general officer there that his unit lacked professionalism. Not even playing. His atty is claiming that he can't get a fair trial and taking anything away from him or giving him anything less than an honorable would be cruel.

I fucking hate that asshat.

Comment

Working...
                              X