Ktm smc r 690

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    My LC4 is around 310 or so I've been told. Feels a LOT lighter than what I rode previously. My goal is that always mentioned Unicorn....it doesn't exist. I want a light, easy to handle, fast, powerful bike that can ride to the dirt from the garage, have fun in the dirt, then ride back home...at comfortable freeway speeds and then some...and also deal with daily street rides at 90+...with comfort, and carry a small amount of gear should I decide to make a longer trip on the interstate. Doubt I'll ever find that bike.
    Well I am a KTM dealer among other brands up here in Idaho, and a lot of people are calling the 790 Adventure r their unicorn. I wouldnt be surprised at a 390 or 690 Adventure or the likes in the near future. I think the best adventure bike would be sub 400 lb fueled with at least 75 horsepower and comfortable enough for a 500-mile day. I'll take a 300 2t when I want to ride single track

Comment

SMC or Enduro and what year? I hear that new 2020 has a lot of cool new features..just do not understand that TINY little instrument cluster if you can call it that.
      SMC, 2019. It's definitely pretty spartan on instruments
      Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        Well I am a KTM dealer among other brands up here in Idaho, and a lot of people are calling the 790 Adventure r their unicorn. I wouldnt be surprised at a 390 or 690 Adventure or the likes in the near future. I think the best adventure bike would be sub 400 lb fueled with at least 75 horsepower and comfortable enough for a 500-mile day. I'll take a 300 2t when I want to ride single track
        Prior to my DRZ400s I purchased in 2010 I have always ridden 2 strokes offroad...it is entertaining to come on the pipe and have the sudden rush of power..but after owning quite a few (Cagiva 125, Yamaha YZ125, Yamaha YZ250, 89 92 and 94 souped up Suzuki RMX250's, at least one of each generation water cooled KDX 200's and one KDX 220) I have gotten tired of mixing fuel, fouling plugs (not really an issue on a fuel injected bike I know)..but I wanted something that is street legal. Oh and electric start when you stall on a steep rocky hill. I might ride other peoples 2 smokes for a little entertainment..but I doubt I'll ever own another one.

Comment

Yeah I've been reading reviews and videos on the 790 Adventure R and at the current time it's looking like it may in fact be that unicorn bike that I've been searching for. I may own one eventually if I can ever find anyone willing to let me ride it to see what I think. I hate to think that I may sell my 99' CBR1100xx as I've never found a more comfortable and reliable long distance missile..but I rarely get it up to speeds over 120 anymore..going stupid fast just isn't really a priority anymore. If the 690 Enduro R doesn't satisfy my street needs I may end up with a 790 Enduro R eventually.

Comment

Does anyone know a good resource to pick up a shop manual for the KTM SMC R 690, I'm having hell finding one. I want a physical, dead trees book, not a PDF file.

Comment

ebay will probably be your best bet if the dealership parts counter couldn't help you out.

did you get it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                Does anyone know a good resource to pick up a shop manual for the KTM SMC R 690, I'm having hell finding one. I want a physical, dead trees book, not a PDF file.
                So you're ok with deforesting the planet for your convenience?

Comment

This kind of shit makes me very leery of KTM as I've heard horror stories before about things like this.
                  But they're supposed to be "the best"! Guess ktmhater doesn't think so

can't remember but isn't paper mostly some kind of grass now?
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    But they're supposed to be "the best"! Guess ktmhater doesn't think so

can't remember but isn't paper mostly some kind of grass now?
                    KTMhater? Hope you're not talking about me. I think they make badass bikes...just sucks when they break because it costs a lot to fix them. As for my friend with the seized 350...Grapevine Powersports fucked him royally and WERE planning to do basically NOTHING until he contacted KTM directly and got them involved. They already sold the bike he traded in so he can't get that back...they agreed finally to buy back the 350 which apparently had some kind of internal bearing defect that seized the crank...but they are only giving him $1300 for the 2012 XR650L that he could have sold for around $3500. Fucking SHADY ASS dealership!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                      ebay will probably be your best bet if the dealership parts counter couldn't help you out.

did you get it yet?
                      Yes indeed sir.

EDIT: The parts counter was very disinterested in helping me with a manual, insisting that I bring it in for every little thing. Fuck that noise.

Comment

And yes indeed sir to you too!

Comment

There's only one KTM dealer I would deal with in north Texas. straight line Motorsports in Pantego

Comment

There's only one KTM dealer I would deal with in north Texas. straight line Motorsports in Pantego
                            Yep..already been out there and I agree..is it Pantego/Dalworthington Gardens or Arlington?

Comment

i have always heard munn is very good as well.

i do not think i have ever met anyone that had something bad to say about that shop.

Comment

Yep..already been out there and I agree..is it Pantego/Dalworthington Gardens or Arlington?
                                Google says Arlington.

Comment

Working...
                                X