Convert scanned PDF to Text help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert scanned PDF to Text help

I have a PDF text in a tables that I was hoping to just copy the data in the table to paste into Excel or save it as a different format to bring into Excel. Well, it has not worked out. Has anyone had experience with converting PDF back to text?

I believe you can save it to your computer, then copy the text and re-send it back to yourself.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I believe you can save it to your computer, then copy the text and re-send it back to yourself.
      If it's been printed, and then scanned and saved as a pdf as the title suggests, it won't be highlight able like a natively created pdd.

Sounds like you need an OCR program, or need to get to typing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My next step I tried after one of the guys I work with notice it had cad data. So I hoped I could import in the program we use and the text would come in as text. Wrong... I'll have to do some data entry this time. Last time was 760 row with 3 cells each that I was lucky enough to highlight each column 》copy 》 paste into excel.

OCR???

Comment

Who hacked lincolnboy's account? This type of talk is too advanced for the lincolnboy I know and love!

making exceling

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            Who hacked lincolnboy's account? This type of talk is too advanced for the lincolnboy I know and love!

making exceling
            Maybe he's turning into lincolnman and growing up?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              Maybe he's turning into lincolnman and growing up?
              STFU.... I'm a man in a boys body !!!!!!!!

My brain wake ups at times. I did try the OCR in Adobe and worked for the majority of the data. Thanks for the help. Now I'll have to look for a OCR appt that will work better

Comment

If you've an Android phone, you can take a picture w/Google Lense, then select-copy-paste from it.

Comment

onenote can extract text

Comment

I actually attempted that a few hours ago. I did not see copy text when I did right click. Odd, yesterday I did a save as .docx I was not able to copy the text and today I decided to open it again. It actually allowed me to copy. The word doc still had missing text. I'll still save 80% of data entry.

Comment

Working...
                    X