No announcement yet.

97 Cobra LSx Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ls6 cam only 4.8 with 12lbs of boost making almost 450rw at 4500rpms. 528/528

still a gen 3 motor too. Mines got much better heads.
    2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
      apples to oranges. Dvilles talking about a 4800lb truck with a gen 3 4.8 that made 210rw stock. probably with 3.08 gears.

I'm talking about a 3100lb car with a gen 4 that makes 50 more horsepower stock with more gear. It is going to do better. Like I said, my centri 4v was pretty quick and it didn't make any boost until redline. I'm not looking for a drag car. If it were so bad there woudn't be hundreds of 4.8 builds.
      LOL, okay.

What did your Cobra run at the track with the blower on it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CRASH View Post
        LOL, okay.

What did your Cobra run at the track with the blower on it ?
        It didn't ever run at the track. Ask anyone who rode in it though. Once again I say it is not a track car.
        2012 GT500

Comment

• I guess our definitions of "Alive" at 4k rpms are different.
          2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by OreoStang View Post
            U still plan on using the on3 kit? is it a turbo u need or the whole kit?
            That's still in the works. I'm looking at the denmah special right now. Just can't decide if I want a 1.05 ar. As everybody in the thread is saying I need something that spools quick.
            2012 GT500

Comment

That's still in the works. I'm looking at the denmah special right now. Just can't decide if I want a 1.05 ar. As everybody in the thread is saying I need something that spools quick.
              Do it, Matt uses them will the time and Viron or whatever swares by them as the best China turbo made.
              It pushed Corey's nnbs rcsb Silverado to 9s.
              Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                Do it, Matt uses them will the time and Viron or whatever swares by them as the best China turbo made.
                It pushed Corey's nnbs rcsb Silverado to 9s.
                It is definitely a good price, but once again it's the A/R on the gt45 that has me hesitant.
                2012 GT500

Comment

It is definitely a good price, but once again it's the A/R on the gt45 that has me hesitant.
                  He made well over 700rwhp on that 4.8, did have a th400, gears, converter and a tall tire, like 30" plus. Someone switched the turbine housing on one to a t4 76, I'll try to find the thread.
                  Ded

Comment

• I think the gt45 is better than the on3 stuff imho. Its a freaking tank at 32 pounds or some crap. If you order the dehmahh(matts stuff) tell them to keep the drain and feed line. Its way to short.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                      LOL, don't listen to Sam or James.

They probably don't know what they're taking about.

They only work on & tune these engines every day.
                      Doesn't bother me a bit. He has done some research and knows what it should do.

Comment

• Any updates to this build?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          Any updates to this build?
                          Unfortunately not. Life and weather have gotten in the way. I may be putting a 4l60 in it now just because of cost.
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Unfortunately not. Life and weather have gotten in the way. I may be putting a 4l60 in it now just because of cost.
                            i would go that route anyway, decent sized convertor and it will be faster than a 6 speed anyways.
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                              i would go that route anyway, decent sized convertor and it will be faster than a 6 speed anyways.
                              Most likely, but I like to row gears. Basically the gun hobby got in the way. I bought an AR, a reloading setup, etc etc and it killed my budget. I just put a deposit down for a new place so that killed my living at home for a few months to save $$$.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

• Its what happens man. I've had my Mont for 2 years and only have the turbo stuff haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X