Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents: What to do about a terrible teacher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents: What to do about a terrible teacher?

My daughter is in 6th grade and her math teacher is an unholy turbo-bitch. The kids know it, the parents know it, hell the staff including counselors, vice principals and other administration know it.

She's the only one teaching 6th grade math at the middle school, so she is entirely unavoidable. I have talked to her, and that hasn't gotten me anywhere, I've talked to her direct boss in administration who seems like a very kind guy, and I'll be talking to him again tomorrow.

The real question is, since it is common knowledge that this coarse, hostile woman can't or won't change the way she handles herself, what can be done?

I've made it known at the school (in the most polite way possible) that I'm not going away, and that as long as she treats my kid like dirt (she treats everyone that way), I'm going to be a pain in their ass.

Is there anything else that can be done? I have considered putting a wire on the kid and gathering evidence, but as far as I'm concerned, the only two options are her completely changing her personality, or her being fired or transferred to a different school.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom y'all might have for me.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    My daughter is in 6th grade and her math teacher is an unholy turbo-bitch. The kids know it, the parents know it, hell the staff including counselors, vice principals and other administration know it.

She's the only one teaching 6th grade math at the middle school, so she is entirely unavoidable. I have talked to her, and that hasn't gotten me anywhere, I've talked to her direct boss in administration who seems like a very kind guy, and I'll be talking to him again tomorrow.

The real question is, since it is common knowledge that this coarse, hostile woman can't or won't change the way she handles herself, what can be done?

I've made it known at the school (in the most polite way possible) that I'm not going away, and that as long as she treats my kid like dirt (she treats everyone that way), I'm going to be a pain in their ass.

Is there anything else that can be done? I have considered putting a wire on the kid and gathering evidence, but as far as I'm concerned, the only two options are her completely changing her personality, or her being fired or transferred to a different school.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom y'all might have for me.
    Try the ol' number 6 on her.

Comment

The what now?

Comment

Have you tried hitting her?
        Originally posted by Marisa
        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

You're not going to win this...but you will make every teacher in the school hate you with that mentality (do what I want or you need to be fired). This will follow your daughter through her schooling in a very negative way.

Teach your daughter that life isn't fair and the best she can do to try and get back at the teacher is to do great in the class.

Also, kids lie.

Comment

Do you have any 15 year old male family members that would be willing to bang her?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              You're not going to win this...but you will make every teacher in the school hate you with that mentality (do what I want or you need to be fired). This will follow your daughter through her schooling in a very negative way.

Teach your daughter that life isn't fair and the best she can do to try and get back at the teacher is to do great in the class.

Also, kids lie.
              Wrong. I will win this. Rolling audio on this bitch.

Comment

I suggest not telling your daughter if you want a true story.

Also congrats on limiting your daughters success in the name of "winning" against a middle school teacher.

Comment

I suggest not telling your daughter if you want a true story.

Also congrats on limiting your daughters success in the name of "winning" against a middle school teacher.
                  What the fuck ever man. Go be an expert in someone else’s thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    What the fuck ever man. Go be an expert in someone else’s thread.
                    You asked....dont cry to me because you can't handle reality.

Comment

Also, kids lie.
                      My thoughts as well. Not saying this is the case here, but it often is. Was just talking to an aquaintance the other day who is in law enforcement and investigates a lot of complaints against teachers that the TEA doesn't want to handle, or can't. She said about 85% of complaints against teachers end up being bullshit since kids lie to get even.

OP, maybe try filing a complaint above the principal, maybe with the TEA. I am not sure about Texas, but in some states recording someone without their consent is not admissible evidence, and in some states it is (or was) illegal. Something to consider.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

You asked....dont cry to me because you can't handle reality.
                        Your opinion does not equal reality. Tell me, how many years of teaching experience have you had?

Comment

I appreciate the fact that kids lie, but I’ve seen this teacher in action, I have talked to the administrators that freely admit that she has a terrible attitude problem. This is not a lying kid thing.

Comment

I have had simliar issues as you but not near as severe as what you are describing...The worst year was last year...There were 2 teachers that were just terrible..I was very stern in meetings and emails but at the same time being nice and polite, in the mean time, told my daughter just to do her work, keep her mouth shut and she will never have to see those 2 teachers again.

1 teacher was fired at the end of the year and the other quit before she got fired.

But it sounds like you may be going at this the wrong way and may make the situation much worse then what it already is and accomplish nothing.

I think your best bet is to talk with other parents and get them involved..and I'm not talking about a few parents, it will take the majority of the 6th grade parents to get anywhere...At their next school board meeting, you along with all the other parents go up there and see what you can do.

If the teacher is indeed as terrible as you say she is then there should be no problem getting a lot of parents on your side

Comment

Interesting points. I have talked to some parents, but not that many. Might be worth changing tack. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                              X