New Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhaust

What do you guys do if you need a full exhaust from the manifold back?

I need to put a full exhaust on my Torino, and needless to say there really isn't an off the shelf kit for this car.

The manifolds will accept a 2.5inch pipe that I want to step up to a 3inch setup for when I go with custom headers and a bigger build. I'm wanting a decently nice full mandrel bend exhaust so I don't know any shops in the area that do that.

Any ideas?
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Call Bryan at muffler king on garland rd (orangechevyII on here) and tell him what you want.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

word.

call muffler king. 214.328.4669

awesome people.

Comment

Do what I do when I can not find an off the shelf system; order a shit ton of bends and do it yourself. No one will do it as good as you will without paying them 5k plus to do it. Jegs has a good starter kit with lots of bends.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          Do what I do when I can not find an off the shelf system; order a shit ton of bends and do it yourself. No one will do it as good as you will without paying them 5k plus to do it. Jegs has a good starter kit with lots of bends.
          yep

get you some bends, some vband clamps or ball n socket joints and go to town..

Comment

FYI: If you are going to use forced induction make sure to use premium materials. When I got my first SVO in the early 90s I made a header that was a work of art using bends I got from Hooker. It lasted only a few hours under full throttle before the turbo fell off of the engine.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This kit will get you most of the way to where you want to go. If you want to borrow a chop saw for metal feel free to hit me up.

Performance Automotive Parts from Accel Billet Edelbrock MSD VDO. JEGS is the source for performance parts with Same Day Shipping.

You may also want to pick up one of the pre made universal x pipe kits because that is the hardest part to make.

Comment

Check out these guys. Bends are great quality and they are quick on shipping. http://www.mandrelbends.com

Comment

If you aren't afraid of spending maybe an extra few bucks for top quality work, Bobby Gentry's in Denton. That's where the people I know take their race car stuff for custom fab/full exhaust. They do regular work, of course, you just have to call and get on the schedule. I'm assuming they are still in business. Most of the hot rod guys I know were doing business with him 15-20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Call Bryan at muffler king on garland rd (orangechevyII on here) and tell him what you want.
                    Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                    word.

call muffler king. 214.328.4669

awesome people.
                    So I've heard. How pricey are they?

5 grand just for an exhaust? I've looked into the generic kits but not sure I have the patience or time for it

FYI: If you are going to use forced induction make sure to use premium materials. When I got my first SVO in the early 90s I made a header that was a work of art using bends I got from Hooker. It lasted only a few hours under full throttle before the turbo fell off of the engine.
                    Staying N/A for the forceable future

This kit will get you most of the way to where you want to go. If you want to borrow a chop saw for metal feel free to hit me up.

Performance Automotive Parts from Accel Billet Edelbrock MSD VDO. JEGS is the source for performance parts with Same Day Shipping.

You may also want to pick up one of the pre made universal x pipe kits because that is the hardest part to make.
                    Might take you up on that if I try it myself

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
                    Check out these guys. Bends are great quality and they are quick on shipping. http://www.mandrelbends.com
                    Those arent bad prices compared to some kits ive seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post

5 grand just for an exhaust? I've looked into the generic kits but not sure I have the patience or time for it.
                      I have charged that much and more before but it also included the headers made with the best materials (Burns merge collectors and cast stainless steel flanges at the head) and everything was 321 stainless steel.

If you have access to a lift fabing up the exhaust yourself is not as hard as it seems. You just need to have plenty of bends on hand. I would also very strongly suggest that you do it once and do it right the first time and by that I mean you should have the headers installed at the same time. There is absolutely nothing more frustrating then having a system that is plumbed PERFECTLY and then having to take a saw to it to add something new at a latter date.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                        If you aren't afraid of spending maybe an extra few bucks for top quality work, Bobby Gentry's in Denton. That's where the people I know take their race car stuff for custom fab/full exhaust. They do regular work, of course, you just have to call and get on the schedule. I'm assuming they are still in business. Most of the hot rod guys I know were doing business with him 15-20 years ago.
                        They are still in business, Bobby is a great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                          Not sure I want to go all the way to Denton, but thanks for the info.

I have charged that much and more before but it also included the headers made with the best materials (Burns merge collectors and cast stainless steel flanges at the head) and everything was 321 stainless steel.

If you have access to a lift fabing up the exhaust yourself is not as hard as it seems. You just need to have plenty of bends on hand. I would also very strongly suggest that you do it once and do it right the first time and by that I mean you should have the headers installed at the same time. There is absolutely nothing more frustrating then having a system that is plumbed PERFECTLY and then having to take a saw to it to add something new at a latter date.
                          I would expect 5k if you're talking all stainless with custom headers, which I will need at some point. For now I'm going to make due with cast iron manifolds which are free.

I don't have a lift so that makes the entire process more difficult to do myself.

Comment

Its not bad on jack stands. Bit the older i get the harder it is to crawl in and out from under the vehicles

Comment

Most of the work can be done away from the car if you lay it out on the floor. The only really tough part is the h pipe and going over the axle.

Comment

Working...
                              X