X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
    x2
    Lol, didn't expect that from you Tim.

Regardless, Dennys comment was pretty stupid.

So, all of these people cannot drive thier car.

1993 cobra
    1997 cobra
    2001 cobra
    2001 Gt gears
    2003 Gt bolt ons gears
    99-04 GT
    98 GT non pi
    LT1 Camaro.
    5.7 hemi challenger

Oh and I guess the guy with a LS1 auto couldn't press the pedal being that I stayed about 2 behind him.

Chances are low they all can't drive. Just sayin...

The car runs good for what it is.

My favorite thing anyone ever said to me was when me and cobramam raced.

Right before the run he said:
    "last night I was watching YouTube videos of cobras vs 5.0s and the cobra won every time"

Right after the run:
    "I'm flabergasted on how good your car runs, wheres the nitrous"

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• yes, they can't drive... you might be racing the wind enough to know the powerband of your own car. great! you can outrun quicker cars if the person is a gear high.

we've all been where you are. and it sucks that you were born when you were and found this board when you did, but that's reality.

people are going to bag on you for your posts because there is FAR more entertainment in bagging on you than in re-living MM&FF from 15yrs ago
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        yes, they can't drive... you might be racing the wind enough to know the powerband of your own car. great! you can outrun quicker cars if the person is a gear high.

we've all been where you are. and it sucks that you were born when you were and found this board when you did, but that's reality.

people are going to bag on you for your posts because there is FAR more entertainment in bagging on you than in re-living MM&FF from 15yrs ago
        I may have been born 20 years too late, but everyone can use a throw back!

Since I was 11 I wanted a coupe, just for the reason of bringing the 5.0 back!!

Comment

• it's all good man, as long as you don't get too bent out of shape with people bagging on you for racing Accords and Altimas, do your thing
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

it's all good man, as long as you don't get too bent out of shape with people bagging on you for racing Accords and Altimas, do your thing
            Lol, bag away its all fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
              yeah ill run ya.

ive tried to play with some GTis but none want to play
              Where do u live? We can meet up any wed thurs or fri night, just shoot me a pm.

Comment

1993 cobra
                1997 cobra
                2001 cobra
                2001 Gt gears
                2003 Gt bolt ons gears
                99-04 GT
                98 GT non pi
                LT1 Camaro.
                5.7 hemi challenger

Oh and I guess the guy with a LS1 auto couldn't press the pedal being that I stayed about 2 behind him.

"last night I was watching YouTube videos of cobras vs 5.0s and the cobra won every time"

Right after the run:

Didn't say that to come off as being a prick. I just kind of agree on the driver mod issues. You've listed some pretty quick cars that you've beaten, so that's why you get so much grief from everyone. Not calling you a liar by no means. I beat a 453 / 488 '04 Cobra to the point of embarrassment with my bolt on 2v. It was driver issue on his part. As that car would be faster than mine with sticky tires and making clean shifts and knowing exactly where the cams fall off and shift at the appropriate rpms. A lot people just don't realize there is more to it than smashing the pedal and slamming gears.

I'm glad you are proud of your car. You should be. I'm glad to see someone with a passion for Mustangs on this site. As it's kind of a hodgepodge of a little of everything on here now.

Just don't let it go to your head too much. You have to realize there are guys on this board that have cars that are truly fast. You just haven't run up against the right person yet.
                Last edited by LS1Goat; 01-14-2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

with Strokd's parents' money?

sorry, I got confused
                  Ur usually confused...

Steve makes fun of me because I lived at home in cali in an area that is one of the most expensive places in the US... I didn't make enough money for my own place and my fiance lived here, so I didn't want to get tied to a long term committment when I knew I was moving back...

The fox is still in parts because coming up with a 2011 gt cash wise with no financing isng the easiest thing to do when u have other bills and cars... It will be done this summer though

Comment

1993 cobra
                    1997 cobra
                    2001 cobra
                    2001 Gt gears
                    2003 Gt bolt ons gears
                    99-04 GT
                    98 GT non pi
                    LT1 Camaro.
                    5.7 hemi challenger

Right after the run:
                    Right, dude. My comment was completely stupid. Your rattle trap, clapped-out Fox, making a whopping 195hp to the wheels should be blowing all those cars away with more hp and in some cases, better chassis. What the fuck was I thinking? I retract my foolish statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      Right, dude. My comment was completely stupid. Your rattle trap, clapped-out Fox, making a whopping 195hp to the wheels should be blowing all those cars away with more hp and in some cases, better chassis. What the fuck was I thinking? I retract my foolish statement.
                      lol. well i do admit, i wasnt shifting the car hard and never powershift my car when ive ran him so if he is then that would put him at driving his car better than I, but that doesnt bother me by any means... all in all i give his car respect for how it runs. i basically think of it this way... i know our cars are 13 sec cars at best, so i dont run around acting like its fast.... ill do that when it actually is fast =).

Nick
                      1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
                        lol. well i do admit, i wasnt shifting the car hard and never powershift my car when ive ran him so if he is then that would put him at driving his car better than I, but that doesnt bother me by any means... all in all i give his car respect for how it runs. i basically think of it this way... i know our cars are 13 sec cars at best, so i dont run around acting like its fast.... ill do that when it actually is fast =).

Nick
                        When I get back to the States, we can run our Cobras. I advise that you drive it a little harder, but you should still handle my crap. Mike keeps avoiding it.

We can line all these 13 second monsters up together and have a badass street race in slow motion. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                          Ur usually confused...

Steve makes fun of me because I lived at home in cali in an area that is one of the most expensive places in the US... I didn't make enough money for my own place and my fiance lived here, so I didn't want to get tied to a long term committment when I knew I was moving back...

The fox is still in parts because coming up with a 2011 gt cash wise with no financing isng the easiest thing to do when u have other bills and cars... It will be done this summer though
                          You're setting up for a 2011?

Comment

When I get back to the States, we can run our Cobras. I advise that you drive it a little harder, but you should still handle my crap. Mike keeps avoiding it.

We can line all these 13 second monsters up together and have a badass street race in slow motion. LOL
                            I thought I said I was down?

Comment

Doesn't matter how I win, just that I win. Right?

Lol better chassis? Isn't 79-04 considered the "fox chassis"? All parts are interchangeable. 94-04 are wider and longer and have better suspension but I wouldn't call it a better chassis.

It may be clapped in ragged (not really) but it runs like a mustang should!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                                Did say that to come off as being a prick. I just kind of agree on the driver mod issues. You've listed some pretty quick cars that you've beaten, so that's why you get so much grief from everyone. Not calling you a liar by no means. I beat a 453 / 488 '04 Cobra to the point of embarrassment with my bolt on 2v. It was driver issue on his part. As that car would be faster than mine with sticky tires and making clean shifts and knowing exactly where the cams fall off and shift at the appropriate rpms. A lot people just don't realize there is more to it than smashing the pedal and slamming gears.

I'm glad you are proud of your car. You should be. I'm glad to see someone with a passion for Mustangs on this site. As it's kind of a hodgepodge of a little of everything on here now.

Just don't let it go to your head too much. You have to realize there are guys on this board that have cars that are truly fast. You just haven't run up against the right person yet.
                                I'll give you the 2001 cobra for needed a driver mod. I started in 2nd him in 1st from a 20, I still pulled a car and held it to 100mph then he passed me as I ran out of gear in 4th.

I dont let it go to my head, but I'll gladly run any car within the same time frame.

High mid 8s, mid high 13s. That's my class and I do pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X