Pick N Pull rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    When I can mount a wheel and do not even have to use a dial indicator to check for run out because I can feel it with my hand it is not anything I would ever put onto a car. 16 year old factory wheels from a junkyard typically have better tolerances.

In other words I will not use cheap parts on a car, ever.
    This fucking guy.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      This fucking guy.
      You just got SVOwned!

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
        Best I could do so far. I'd say a patented dfwstang low ball of $450 would do the trick

https://www.5miles.com/item/2ZBMP1LW...n-150000-miles
        Thank you for the tip; I am going to buy this car.

I have never used offerup or 5mile before and didn't even know they existed. I thank all of y'all for pointing me in the right direction.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          You just got SVOwned!
          /thread
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            Thank you for the tip; I am going to buy this car.

I have never used offerup or 5mile before and didn't even know they existed. I thank all of y'all for pointing me in the right direction.
            Which crown vics had a rear sway bar? I was thinking about trying to make one work on my car.

Comment

Are these the wheels you want ? https://www.renebates.com/a_lot.php?...ot=293&cat=all

Buy the whole car, make money

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                Which crown vics had a rear sway bar? I was thinking about trying to make one work on my car.
                Most had them prior to 2000 and all of the P71s do. What year is your car? Just hit the junk yard and grab a 17mm one and it is a direct bolt on; make sure to grab the hardware. Dorman also makes a rear bar kit that is 100 buck for everything, end links, mounting bushings, clamps, and hardware but it is 15.7mm. If you like the car a lot go with the aftermarket sway bars F&R and a set of bilstein shocks F&R if your car is an 02 or older. Bilstein doesn't make a front shock for the 03 and later models.

I personally like to replace all of the springs with the police spec ones if the car I am working on is not already a P71 but you have to replace the front shocks at the same time. New springs from Moog set you back a little under 130 bucks.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  Are these the wheels you want ? https://www.renebates.com/a_lot.php?...ot=293&cat=all

Buy the whole car, make money
                  No. The 03 and later cars have a different offset.

I have plenty of the 03 and later wheels. Normally I do not buy the 02 and earlier cars but I found a super low miles one for cheap and one of my guys needs a car so I grabbed it.

Edit: That auction site is pretty cool. I am tempted to buy one of the Mineola Independent School Districts short school buses just so I can randomly park it in front of naynays house.
                  Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 02-14-2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

The only rear ones I’ve seen on 03+ cars were tiny, I thought they’d have bigger ones. My front bar is a p71 and it’s at least an inch. Are the pre 2000 rear bars the same shape as 03 or at least mount the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      The only rear ones I’ve seen on 03+ cars were tiny, I thought they’d have bigger ones. My front bar is a p71 and it’s at least an inch. Are the pre 2000 rear bars the same shape as 03 or at least mount the same way?
                      All of the rear bars interchange from 92 up. The P71 cars have stiff rear springs and did not need a big bar. The largest one you will find in the junk yard is 21mm but they are very rare. Ford used to sell the 21mm bar for 60 bucks but it was discontinued 10 years ago. If you really like your car and plan to keep it, buy the aftermarket F&R bars and the bilsteins; going with new P71 springs would also be a good idea. Getting any better handling after that gets very expensive with little gain.

Comment

Working...
                      X