Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastidip Rims - Anyone on here do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastidip Rims - Anyone on here do this?

Whats the going rate to have rims plastidipped and who in the DFW does this sort of thing? The rims on my Fusion are peeling pretty bad and I want to get them done in Raw Titanium Pearl (www.dipyourcar.com) to get them looking decent again.

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
    Whats the going rate to have rims plastidipped and who in the DFW does this sort of thing? The rims on my Fusion are peeling pretty bad and I want to get them done in Raw Titanium Pearl (www.dipyourcar.com) to get them looking decent again.
    It's pretty easy to do yourself. They are going to peel with the first tire change.

Comment

Yeah man, super easy to do. Take them off, shove playing cards between the rim and tire and spray! Be careful not to hit that edge when you pressure wash them or it'll peel.

Comment

You'll also want to clean them really well first... like any type of "painting", prep is everything.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I used isopropyl to clean ours before doing the wrx. Like mentioned use playing cards or 3x5 note cards for the lip and do multiple light coats. We're on year 2 and a second set of tires on the subi and there's very little wear to show even after swapping tires

Comment

Working...
          X