No announcement yet.

Driving skills, do you have them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to do that shit all the time in the bitchin' camaro, but after mounting DR's on the back it wasn't as fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
      I figured you'd be great at donuts.

herp derp
      Ha!
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        I do power slides and drifts in a fwd car.
        what he said

Comment

I'd be too worried about fucking something up. All for what? While it looks somewhat fun, I don't think it's cool. Kinda like heroin.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            I'd be too worried about fucking something up. All for what? While it looks somewhat fun, I don't think it's cool. Kinda like heroin.
            see that is where you are wrong my black friend, just watch the movie requiem for a dream and look at all the fun they have!

Comment

I have decent skills, but I also have more laps around various road courses, have done more auto-x's, and more 1/4 mile passes than probably 99% of the members here. The only thing I really haven't done is some circle track racing, and that's on the bucket list.

Comment

don't forget flipping cars skills. dfwm has that on lock.

Comment

I drift the Ranger around corners everytime it rains...
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I have never been good at exhibition driving and drifting, but I am one hell of a ballet dancer, and being a ballet dancer takes great skill, and since it takes great skill, it must be a sport, and since it is a sport that means I am not gay, right? Right?

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                      I have decent skills, but I also have more laps around various road courses, have done more auto-x's, and more 1/4 mile passes than probably 99% of the members here. The only thing I really haven't done is some circle track racing, and that's on the bucket list.
                      Road course stuff is on my next to do list. I really want to learn some good car control and driving skills.

Comment

Dounts are fucken easy man, just double clutch and lock the wheel...

Powersliding is easy with a shit ton of power. The 86 used to do that shit for me and you just steer it straight. The vert makes sliding easy as hell too since the suspension is so easy to glide it wherever you wanna go.

Ive never drifted intentionally, steered out of some power drifts that caught me by surprise, but none intended by using the e brake and over revving the motor and gliding around ass first... Im not real interested in the learning curve and tearing my car up.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I suck but I am not the stig either.

I started racing a spec miata with the SCCA when I was 15 and did that and American Iron through high school. It was a lot of fun and I learned a bunch about road racing and how to control a car. I went through 6 different driving schools to get my license and had a blast doing it.

The other half of my driving skill set I learned by being a no good street punk off the track. Give a 17 year old kid an 03 cobra and he will learn to slide it around a corner.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                            Dounts are fucken easy man, just double clutch and lock the wheel...

Powersliding is easy with a shit ton of power. The 86 used to do that shit for me and you just steer it straight. The vert makes sliding easy as hell too since the suspension is so easy to glide it wherever you wanna go.

Ive never drifted intentionally, steered out of some power drifts that caught me by surprise, but none intended by using the e brake and over revving the motor and gliding around ass first... Im not real interested in the learning curve and tearing my car up.
                            LOL, good times. We had alot of fun then, I miss those days.

And FYI, you still tear shit up, just in a different way. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              LOL, good times. We had alot of fun then, I miss those days.

And FYI, you still tear shit up, just in a different way. Haha.
                              Drivelines are a lot cheaper than body work!

BTW ye ole vert is in garage awaiting a Weldon... should make >1g on kill. Pop's wants the number just for a car show poster. lmfao... Prob detune it to 700ish on 93 octane for the street which should be enough to get its fat ass around ok.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                                Drivelines are a lot cheaper than body work!

BTW ye ole vert is in garage awaiting a Weldon... should make >1g on kill. Pop's wants the number just for a car show poster. lmfao... Prob detune it to 700ish on 93 octane for the street which should be enough to get its fat ass around ok.
                                It's probably still the cleanest foxbody around. lol. You need to take it out to MSR to race Brett and Mark. Show those ballers whats up!

Comment

Working...
                                X