Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's attack on Ford reveals return of the Ranger and Bronco

very interesting...

Donald Trump has been riding Ford so hard about moving its small car production from Michigan to Mexico that you’d think he was trying to bust a Bronco.

Well…

Speaking to the Detroit News about the presidential candidate’s continued criticism of the automaker’s plan, Bill Johnson, the UAW plant chairman for the factory that is at the center of the switch, revealed the still-secret vehicles that the compact Focus and hybrid C-Max models are making way for.

Johnson told the newspaper that “Trump needs to get his facts straight,” and said that other automakers have already shifted less profitable small car manufacturing south of the border.

“We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does,” he said.

The factory was the home of the Bronco from 1966-1986, and built trucks until a few years ago, when Ford started producing small cars there in conjunction with a $5.9 billion Energy Department loan for fuel efficient vehicles.

Ever since Ford announced it was bringing new vehicles to the facility, rumors have been swirling that they would be a new Ranger small pickup and a Bronco SUV based on it, but Johnson is the first person who likely knows for sure that’s said it out loud.

For now, Ford itself is sticking to its “we don’t comment on future product” line, but with the new Mexican factory set to open in 2018, it won’t be long before it does.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

They have been pulling this shit for a decade. If they ever do it I will buy one.

Comment

Odds on this magical thing happening if Trump had not called them out?

Don't they already make a version of the ranger in mayheeco?

Comment

You can still buy one in Australia with a diesel.

Comment

I think that you can buy a new Ranger anywhere in the world except for here. They did not want to sell a 30k Ranger when they have 60k F150s to sell in the states. There is a 4 door diesel powered Ranger that can be had for under 30k that I would buy a few of if I could.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Ranger prices were getting so close to F150 prices, why buy a Ranger when you can get an F150.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              Ranger prices were getting so close to F150 prices, why buy a Ranger when you can get an F150.
              What are you talking about. I bought 5 XT model Rangers on the same day in early 08 and with rebates ($4500 in rebates each) they cost me a few bucks under 11k each. Even the top of the line Ranger was under 30k.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                What are you talking about. I bought 5 XT model Rangers on the same day in early 08 and with rebates ($4500 in rebates each) they cost me a few bucks under 11k each. Even the top of the line Ranger was under 30k.
                lol
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Because they are talking about a new ranger. You know, new frame, new suspension.

I call bull shit. If there was any market for a bronco, let alone a ranger, Chevy would have made a Colorado variant.

On frame suv's will still be delegated to the full size truck frame. I'd love to see it happen and have the Ranger come back but the light pickup market is non existent with fleet vehicles being taken over by the small front wheel drive ford transport

Comment

Jeez more of svo's look at me stories...
                    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh yea? I bought 7
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                        Because they are talking about a new ranger. You know, new frame, new suspension.

I call bull shit. If there was any market for a bronco, let alone a ranger, Chevy would have made a Colorado variant.

On frame suv's will still be delegated to the full size truck frame. I'd love to see it happen and have the Ranger come back but the light pickup market is non existent with fleet vehicles being taken over by the small front wheel drive ford transport
                        That "New" Ranger is the one that the rest of the world has been buying for the past 5 years. It is basically a 7/8ths scale F150. Check out Ford of Europe's site for the details or Ford of Mexico if you can read Spanish.

I must have missed something. What are you calling BS on?

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        Oh yea? I bought 7
                        You own a pool service company too?

Comment

That "New" Ranger is the one that the rest of the world has been buying for the past 5 years. It is basically a 7/8ths scale F150. Check out Ford of Europe's site for the details or Ford of Mexico if you can read Spanish.

I must have missed something. What are you calling BS on?

You own a pool service company too?
                          no just needed to 1up the 1upper... but carry on.. you're the free entertainment!!
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Eu Ford Ranger

Mustangs previously owned:
                            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                            1992 LX AOD
                            1993 LX Drag Car
                            1995 GTS
                            1997 Cobra
                            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                            2016 Honda Accord Touring
                            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by RWhite View Post

26k Euros for the highest priced model + 5.3k VAT.

Comment

Working...
                              X