Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plumbers that can do a side job tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbers that can do a side job tomorrow?

I came home to find half my house flooded today. Turns out I have a slab leak just under my water heater. I need to get this fixed ASAP and was just quote $3-4,000. It's a long shot but is there anyone on the board that can donit, save me a bit, and pad their own pockets at the same time? I will probably just have the pros do it but thought I would throw this out there.
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

It's only half of the house. Don't be a pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
        I came home to find half my house flooded today. Turns out I have a slab leak just under my water heater. I need to get this fixed ASAP and was just quote $3-4,000. It's a long shot but is there anyone on the board that can donit, save me a bit, and pad their own pockets at the same time? I will probably just have the pros do it but thought I would throw this out there.
        thats not a bad emergency price. I had it done a couple years ago and had to have the locator come out and find the leak. Just because its leaking from under the heater doesn't mean that's where the leak is. Once the leak was located then the crew with the jack hammer and power tools came out.

Make sure anybody that is drilling through your slab is doing dust/silica mitigation, the guys that did mine did nothing and the house was super nasty from all the dust

Hilti has some good info on the silica dust and the new osha regs
        Get tools and information to help your organization stay in compliance with OSHA silica dust standards that went into effect in September 2017.

Comment

I cut mine at both ends in the old house, ran pex and shark bites, 80.00.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            That's actually not a bad idea. Lol. I'll remember that in case I have a leak in the foundation.

Comment

Where you located and are you sure its leaking there? I have a plumber that does good and cheap work but I dunno if hes the guy to track down a slab leak. He doesnt have fancy equipment that big companies do.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                Where you located and are you sure its leaking there? I have a plumber that does good and cheap work but I dunno if hes the guy to track down a slab leak. He doesnt have fancy equipment that big companies do.
                Send me his info, I need a water heater replaced, or might go tank-less instead. It's a gas water heater, but is only putting out warm water right now. I'm in Keller
                Last edited by yellowstang; 11-19-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  Those things make diy simple as hell.

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  Send me his info, I need a water heater replaced, or might go tank-less instead. It's a gas water heater, but is only putting out warm water right now. I'm in Keller
                  Again, sharkbites. I did this with regular tubing though. Took me all of 45 min from removal to install. Most of that was waiting on the water to drain.

Comment

The only thing to note when going from a tank to tankless retro is the gas line coming in might need to be larger. Going from ~50k BTU to ~150k BTU would require a larger line.

I'm a sales manager for Rinnai.

Comment

Decided to stick with the old tank water heater, or should I say hot water heater, lol. Getting one installed this afternoon hopefully, waiting on them to call back again.

Comment

Water heater replacement or conversion to tankless is a snap DIY project. Save your money and do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          Water heater replacement or conversion to tankless is a snap DIY project. Save your money and do it yourself.
                          Screw DIY, got other shit to do today, and hate plumbing!
                          Plus, I'm lazy...

Comment

I'm with Rob, pay someone to R&R that shit, I've seen it done, it take a few hours for a pro to do it, old mofos like us will take us a full day or two and we got shit to do...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Replacing a water heater sucks. Those things are heavy and if they are on a pedestal, getting if off of it and onto the ground sucks. I'd pay too

Comment

Working...
                              X