Call of Duty: Project Colossus (MW3) - 11-8-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty: Project Colossus (MW3) - 11-8-11

Eurogamer has heard from multiple sources that the new Call of Duty game, thought to be Modern Warfare 3, will launch o…

Eurogamer has heard from multiple sources that the new Call of Duty game, thought to be Modern Warfare 3, will launch on 8th November 2011.

An internal Tesco database refers to the new Call of Duty game as Call of Duty: Project Collossus [sic].

The 8th November date is the Tuesday before The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is released. Call of Duty: Black Ops was released on Tuesday, 9th November 2010, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was released on Tuesday, 10th November 2009. World at War (14th November 2008) and Modern Warfare (9th November 2007) were both released on a Friday.

The news drops hours before Activision Blizzard announces its financial results for January, February and March 2011. A company conference call starts at 9.30pm UK time.

Activision and Tesco were both unavailable for comment.

This autumn's Call of Duty game still hasn't been announced. Reports suggest that this - Infinity Ward's first game since studio heads Jason West and Vincent Zampella were marched off the premises (taking a wedge of staff with them) - will be a prequel to the first Modern Warfare game. Will Sledgehammer Games - the studio set up by former Visceral heads Glen Schofield and Michael Condry - help? Will Singularity developer Raven Software also lend a hand?
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

hopefully this is the nail in the coffin
    "This year's 'Call of Duty' initiatives will result in the best 'Call of Duty' experiences we have created to date," Kotick said. In addition to paid features integrated into the platform, "You will see a lot of new services and capabilities that will be provided free of charge to all of our customers," he said.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
      hopefully this is the nail in the coffin
      Hope not, then battlefield wont have anything to out-do

Comment

nicely done

Comment

Can someone please kill this franchise?

Its been done for a while now....

Comment

I'm buying it the day it comes out. The trick is to play hardcore matches online, takes skill so there are less noobs.
            .223 > 911

Comment

I love playing the COD games, but I think it has alot to do with the guys I play with. I did have to take a break and not buy Black ops as I was getting too pissed when playing the MW games. I figure, why pay $60 to get angry lol

Hardcore online rocks BTW!

Comment

Working...
              X