Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 thumb drives are bricked, can they be saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 thumb drives are bricked, can they be saved?

I have had 2 different 8gb thumb drives become useless after I formatted them and made bootable drives out of them for loading windows. I have tried several online methods to no avail....

As cheap as they are now....why not toss them and go get new ones. I've had several USB thumb drives quit on me....tossed em out and bought new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      As cheap as they are now....why not toss them and go get new ones. I've had several USB thumb drives quit on me....tossed em out and bought new ones.
      sometimes they have data on them that you want to keep
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        sometimes they have data on them that you want to keep
        I get that....but he said AFTER he formatted them which would imply they were blank.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          I get that....but he said AFTER he formatted them which would imply they were blank.
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

they are cheap but these were both brand new......... I don't care about the data, I was able to format them both and load the windows files on them. After I pulled them out of the PC and all is ok and then tried to stick them in another is where the problem starts.

Comment

What happens in the other machines?

Comment

Sure it's not a drive letter assignment conflict? It's happened to me before. Easy fix, if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  What happens in the other machines?
                  same thing, pop up in the bottom corner that says USB device not recognized, yadda yadda yadda....

Comment

You could try using a Hirens disc to see if they're shown in a Linux environment. If they are, you may be able to recover any data if wanted and try formatting them from there.

Here's a link for HBD12
                    . Dl it and burn the ISO using IMGBurn. You'll need to extract it from the rar, locate the CUE file, right click>open with IMGBurn and burn to a CD-R, then boot the PC from it w/the flash drive(s) already connected.

Comment

Working...
                    X