Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print jobs go to queue but do not print.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print jobs go to queue but do not print.

When I send a job to a wireless network printer here at work the job goes to my queue and just sits there. They can be deleted without a problem but they don't move forward at all once they get there.

I have stopped the spooler and resent it but it still ends up in the same spot.

Other computers don't have a problem printing to the same location.

Thanks
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Just a heads up, the computer was able to successfully send and print jobs up to this point.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

sounds like no connectivity to the printer.

Wrong IP, the printer isn't on the network, etc.

Comment

There are several reasons this could occur.
        • The Print spool is hosed on the print server. Restart the print spool service.
        • User rights have changed, ensure you can browse the printer \\computername\printer
        • the printer is turned off or physically detached from the print server, or some other printer side issue (paper jam?)
        • a network connection to the print server is hosed. Can you ping the server?
        • Long shot but... you may need to reinstall the print driver, or the server has the client's print driver support removed. Reinstall printer driver for all client OS's on the server.
        • Google the rest but those are the ones I'd hit first.
        • Oh yeah, is it turned on? (It could be the server, router, hub, etc.)

Good luck!
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

There's a lot of assumptions in Darren's post.

First being that he's using a print server, and not printing directly to an ip address

Comment

With the limited amount of information there are a lot of assumptions, by definition.... wtf.... you smarter than me?? Great... woot woot for you...
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

oh noes, an IT battle is brewin.

Comment

Nah... I'm not IT, just trying to help. I just write software for a living. I leave that IT BS to the BSers.

Comment

Lmao This has potential.
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                  My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                  11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    With the limited amount of information there are a lot of assumptions, by definition.... wtf.... you smarter than me?? Great... woot woot for you...
                    Yes I am

Comment

Woot woot.... I give 2 shits? Nope. congrats....

Comment

It was a bad driver. Thanks.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                          It was a bad driver. Thanks.
                          Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          sounds like no connectivity to the printer.

Wrong IP, the printer isn't on the network, etc.

There are several reasons this could occur.
                          • Long shot but... you may need to reinstall the print driver, or the server has the client's print driver support removed. Reinstall printer driver for all client OS's on the server.
                          Silverback 0
                          Me 1

Comment

Silverback 0
                            Me 1
                            Thought you didn't care lol
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                              Thought you didn't care lol
                              Didn't care about the the whole bigger brain thing. Just glad he got his problem resolved.

Comment

Working...
                              X