• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black societal issue

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/gyroba...wFullText=true

Interesting article.

Originally posted by STFU
    long article... but interesting read for sure... my wife teaches at a few different schools, and the black kids at the rich school do worse than the black kids at the poor school
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

They gots to keep it ghetto yo!
      “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

sad that they continue to deny their problems and villify anyone who suggests it.

Comment

So money isn't the commom denominator there... Hmmm.

I'll get back to you after further investigation. This might take a while.

Comment

They are given the excuse of being black. Basically, for generations they have been told they were not as good and needed a handout. Now they expect it.

Comment

My wife works at a high school, and observes this daily. And, the blacks are not the only group afflicted by this - there are others as well. You see it early on in elementary school when parents don't show up for parent-teacher conferences. You see it later on with pregnant unwed teen mothers, and failing grades.

The kids are replaying what they have seen modeled by their parents, many of whom were unwed teen mothers with absent fathers - and were raised by their grandparents.

The kids are reacting to peer pressure not to achieve. And some of them are quite proud of their ignorance.

There are a few exceptions to this of course, but not many.

The guy who did the research is IMO right on the money about the cause.

Comment

"It doesn't matter whether the students are in Shaker Heights or an inner city," he [Hillard] says. "The achievement depends on what expectations the teacher has of the student. There are savage inequalities in the quality of instruction offered to children. ... Based on other things we do know, many teachers face students who are poor or wealthy and, because of their own background, make an assumption certain students can't make it.

What a crock of shit! I teach at a Title 1 school (80%+ free/reduced lunch) and most of my students are minorities. I can show you direct correlation between the success rate of the students whose parents are involved and the students whose parents refuse to talk to anyone at school or show up to talk to anyone until their child is suspended pending parent conference. It doesn't matter what color the student is, I have high expectations for every single student. The ones who do best are the ones whose parents give a fuck. Period.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie
                  "It doesn't matter whether the students are in Shaker Heights or an inner city," he [Hillard] says. "The achievement depends on what expectations the teacher has of the student. There are savage inequalities in the quality of instruction offered to children. ... Based on other things we do know, many teachers face students who are poor or wealthy and, because of their own background, make an assumption certain students can't make it.

What a crock of shit! I teach at a Title 1 school (80%+ free/reduced lunch) and most of my students are minorities. I can show you direct correlation between the success rate of the students whose parents are involved and the students whose parents refuse to talk to anyone at school or show up to talk to anyone until their child is suspended pending parent conference. It doesn't matter what color the student is, I have high expectations for every single student. The ones who do best are the ones whose parents give a fuck. Period.

A friend of my wife's teaches at a Title 1 school too and I hear the exact same stuff from her too. They refuse to take responsibility for this.

Comment

This isn't a black societal problem at all. It is an AMERICAN societal problem.

Too many people in this country think they are "entitled" to the hard won fruits of other's labor. They are lazy, worthless, idignant, rude, and often times racist. They always are looking for someone else to blame, and racism is easy to claim if you are black, white, hispanic, asian, mixed race, etc.

Fuck all of the lazy, worthless, no contributing, sucking off the tax payers leeches in this country. GTFO, because none of you are American.

Americans are a people of mixed race that are hard working, self sufficient, and individually responsible.

I'm sick of government that convinces potential good citizens to become lazy worthless leeches.

If we had any sense at all, we'd vote out both the democrats and republicans and find people that actually know what personal responsibility is. Then we'd tell all the people in this country that don't want to work, to fucking starve for all we care.

It'll come to that anyway sooner or later. The government's big saggy tit only has so much milk.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS
                      This isn't a black societal problem at all.
                      Statistics disagree with you. Both in an educational sense, and a criminal offender sense.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                        Statistics disagree with you. Both in an educational sense, and a criminal offender sense.
                        I like your partial quotation.

I agree with Anthony S. This generation in general wants shit to be given to them. The new American dream is to win the lotto. Except people don't even want to have to buy a lottery ticket anymore. They feel it should be given to them. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but I can't accuse only black people of this because I know too many white people that think the same way.

Black people are still working their way out of the social environment us crackers put them in. We don't get it because most of us weren't apart of that generation. I mean, it was still the bees-knees to be racist up to about the 1970's. There's still racial prejudice. People are all a product of their environment. A white person growing up in the ghetto is just likely to be a heathern(sp?) as a black person is.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

A story about the blacks in cleveland failing.... shocker. While Shaker Hts is a nice city, it's about 5 minutes away from some of the deepest darkest ghettos of Cleveland. I'd imagine many of the black kids at shaker feel the need to keep it real and reprahzent after school lets out...

I just read another article today about a school district eliminating F grades, replacing them with incompletes and allowing the kids time to make up what they failed the first time around.

(http://shine.yahoo.com/event/moments...eally-2410739/)

Between the coddling of the school systems, generations of entitlement, absentee parents, and the general don't give a fuck attitude, it's not surprising that the downward spiral is continuing. Makes me really really glad I don't have kids....

Comment

There is an overwhelming culture of laziness in this country. And it is always someone else's fault. It doesn't suprise me that this guy draws this conclusion and then catches hell for it. Anytime someone dares to point out the black culture's glorification of easy money, they will get called a racist.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                              Black people are still working their way out of the social environment us crackers put them in. We don't get it because most of us weren't apart of that generation. I mean, it was still the bees-knees to be racist up to about the 1970's. There's still racial prejudice. People are all a product of their environment. A white person growing up in the ghetto is just likely to be a heathern(sp?) as a black person is.
                              The problem is they are not progressing from one generation to the next since the civil rights movement of the 60's. You could even argue that they are worse off now than they were then.

I don't see white people when I go to the ghetto.

Comment

Working...
                              X