Xbox + No Audio = Insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox + No Audio = Insanity

Long story short I got a new Westinghouse 26" 1080p LED for my bedroom and when I plug in the HDMI the audio randomly works. I turned off auto discovery on the main menu and I have the audio on the right output (Dolby 5.1).

Sometimes when I turn it on the audio works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when I switch from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm self admitted not extremely tech savvy and I can't put my finger on what the issue is. Any input is appreciated.

TIA
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Do you have another TV to test it on?

Comment

Just gonna venture a guess here, but the cable might be messed up. Try a new HDMI cable.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Just gonna venture a guess here, but the cable might be messed up. Try a new HDMI cable.
        Even though it works sometimes?

When it works the audio is fine from start up to shut down, it goes on without a hitch.
        An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

i dont have an xbox so not sure what options the menu has but disable dolby digital 5.1/dts and just pick stereo 2 channel.

if you have the HDMI going directly to the tv with no receiver, you cant get DD 5.1 anyways.

try that first. if not, try another hdmi cable.
          Last edited by momo; 03-18-2011, 08:10 AM.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
            Even though it works sometimes?

When it works the audio is fine from start up to shut down, it goes on without a hitch.
            I have seen weird shit like that happen before. It's easy enough to test with another cable.

Comment

Working...
            X