Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackberry on Verizon without a data plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberry on Verizon without a data plan?

Is it possible?

Everything I'm finding on Google is saying no or if someone says it's possible it's because their cousin's nephew did it.

Does anyone have firsthand experience of making a Blackberry work on Verizon without a data plan?

Thanks.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

I know with Tmobile we can't sell the phones(blackberries) without having a data plan attached. You can try to buy the phone, if they make you hav a data plan, you can MAYBE get it, then MAYBE cancel the data when the bill comes in. You'd be better off going into the store to check.

Comment

Gotcha, there's no amount of pleading to a CSR over the phone that will override it?

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
        Gotcha, there's no amount of pleading to a CSR over the phone that will override it?
        LOL, don't count on it. But, verizon customer service is full of pushovers, so who knows? You can try calling and saying ATT said you could have one without a data plan and that you want to switch to them(could be totally untrue, I have no idea). I know when I sold FiOS, you could bitch enough to have them lower the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
          when they try to activate your phone in the system most likely their is a required soc code that has to be attached to it for data, or it is telling them you have to have an actual data plan, so a csr isn't going to be able to get past it

Comment

Yeah, I was just on the phone for 45 minutes and basically painted a masterpiece about how setting it up without data is the right thing to do... to no avail. Looks like it's to Craigslist with it.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Well, T-mobile just got bought by AT&T, soooooo...

Comment

Working...
              X