Flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring

So I cannot decide on flooring. Trying to decide between stained concrete, laminate, or luxury vinyl plank. Keeping in mind I have 5 dogs. Wife thinks she is running a rescue.

Suggestion or experience?

I am leaning towards laminate or stained concrete.

Have you considered the wood look tile? Can be had pretty cheap @ Floor and Decor, and/or Builder's Surplus. And you can stain/seal the grout (we used a Behr product) so any accidents don't seep in.

It looks a million times better than those options, imo. If you've got a lot of dogs, don't go dark or you'll regret it.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I agree with Brent, wood look tile is a great option now especially for high traffic and lots of dogs

stained concrete can look cheap, and doesn't give the same resale value of other flooring options. Also I've had laminate and wood, and 2 dogs, and scratches were ever present on both. No matter how "durable" they were supposed to be when we purchased them.

Comment

We went with laminate. It holds up just fine and doesn’t seem to scratch. We also put the wood looking tile in the bathrooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Have you considered the wood look tile? Can be had pretty cheap @ Floor and Decor, and/or Builder's Surplus. And you can stain/seal the grout (we used a Behr product) so any accidents don't seep in.

It looks a million times better than those options, imo. If you've got a lot of dogs, don't go dark or you'll regret it.
          Not really. We already have tile that has to be removed. Wife wants to get away from tile.

But maybe we should consider that too.

Comment

[QUOTE=94mstng94;1693008]We went with laminate. It holds up just fine and doesn’t seem to scratch. We also put the wood looking tile in the bathrooms.

Man that bath looks good. We have alot of foundation movement so we would have to use the stuff you put under tile for that.

We have been trying to decide what to do for 4 months.

We had one guy come out and he was really pushing the LVP.

Comment

I recently did vinyl plank in two upstairs bathrooms and laundry room. It was so easy to install, no saws, dust, etc. Just score and snap. It's also extremely durable and 100% waterproof. There are some really nice options, particularly if you shop around and buy ones made in the US. The China ones look cheap and are stiffer vinyl, making them harder to install and less durable.

We were originally going to use wood look tiles, but being on the second floor that would require cement board over the sub-floor. That adds a lot more work and raises the floor. Without the cement board, you'll get grout cracks over time, every second floor has some amount of spring to it.

Comment

Working...
              X