No announcement yet.

Leveling Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't the whole stock rake thing due to crash regulations?

BTW, I had a Daystar on my old 4Runner and never had an issue, however it was a 3" Front x 2" Rear, leveled and raised.

But I have a 2" torsion bar key leveling kit on my current Duramax and haven't had problems with it either. I think it's made by Zone Offroad.

Comment

Sounds like too much work, I'll just leave it alone.

Comment

Everyone around here seems to run ReadyLift for leveling kits.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Why doesn't a brand new truck come level from the factory? This confuses the hell out of me.
          What would happen to a "new level truck" when you add weight to the bed of the truck, or a boat trailer on the hitch, or etc?
          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Some people forget what trucks are designed to do.. Haul shit and tow shit.

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
              What would happen to a "new level truck" when you add weight to the bed of the truck, or a boat trailer on the hitch, or etc?
              Put some more air in the rear bags.. Which you need, even though you are hauling far less weight than the truck is designed to carry. Otherwise it will no longer be level.

Comment

Seems like there should be a more 2014 solution out there, instead of making something that costs 40k look like it was built in 1954.

Comment

If it's a Ford it would sag to the ground even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Sounds like too much work, I'll just leave it alone.
                    Do it pussy!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Seems like there should be a more 2014 solution out there, instead of making something that costs 40k look like it was built in 1954.
                      That's basically what Chevy's Autoride system does.

I was being silly about rear bags, but that is really the best way to prevent from the sag.

Comment

I think the new dodges actually come with rear bags now.

Comment

Stock dodge

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            I think the new dodges actually come with rear bags now.
                            A lot of SUV's offer them now I know. I think the TBSS has always had them as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              A lot of SUV's offer them now I know. I think the TBSS has always had them as well?
                              Believe so. At least I know The Head's does. I wish my Suburban had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                Put some more air in the rear bags.. Which you need, even though you are hauling far less weight than the truck is designed to carry. Otherwise it will no longer be level.
                                How many new trucks have air suspension in the rear?
                                Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Working...
                                X