No announcement yet.

Wrangler Unlimited advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that's why if I got another one it would be the 4.0.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
      Yeah I sure wouldn't mind the price of an older jeep/toy but I need something reliable and need the space for my hobbies (kayaking/camping/fishing/storm chasing etc). I've pretty much settled on the 2012s and up (penstar motor) but from what I understand all the Jks have a 100k/5yr powertrain warranty that covers all internally lubricated parts.
      Why not get a 4x4 truck ?
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
        Why not get a 4x4 truck ?
        Initially that's what I was going to do, I actually almost bought an F150 Friday, but I would be buying the truck from a utilitarian standpoint whereas I really really like the jeep. I really don't haul that much stuff, and we have a trailer if I really needed too. Just need something to be able to throw my kayak on and some camping gear in the back. It would also be easier in my mind to do a mount mount for an anemometer on the jeep and a more stable/higher platform to stand on for photography.

Comment

You can search www.jkowners.com and www.jk-forum.com for more info, too. Both site have excellent write-up sections to look through if you actually buy a JK.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
            You can search www.jkowners.com and www.jk-forum.com for more info, too. Both site have excellent write-up sections to look through if you actually buy a JK.

Awesome, thanks man. Will be digging into these sites

Comment

so i will be venturing into this area come this time next year. From what i gather buy 2012 or newer to get the better motor right?

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
                so i will be venturing into this area come this time next year. From what i gather buy 2012 or newer to get the better motor right?

That seems to (mostly) be the consensus. In 2012 they came out with a 3.6 (vice 3.8) Penstar motor and new 5sp auto transmission. More horsepower and better gas milage. The caveat is that people seem to be having motor issues with the 2012 and newer, while the people who have 2011s or earlier tout the reliabilty of the motor although admitting it is a dog of an engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                  That seems to (mostly) be the consensus. In 2012 they came out with a 3.6 (vice 3.8) Penstar motor and new 5sp auto transmission. More horsepower and better gas milage. The caveat is that people seem to be having motor issues with the 2012 and newer, while the people who have 2011s or earlier tout the reliabilty of the motor although admitting it is a dog of an engine.
                  versus
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    versus
                    Ehhhh maybe

Comment

Would like to thank everyone that helped! Ended up with this JK….absolutely love it.

Seek Adventure by Photography by Daniel Rodriguez, on Flickr

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

What year?
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thanks! @CJ, its a 2014

Comment

ah, new one! That's good to hear. Were they offering the lifetime manufacturer warranty?
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Now to do a 6in lift, hemi swap, 37s, and bumpers!!

Comment

Working...
                                X