True Grit remake? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post

I will admit that I went in with the intent of not liking this movie at all. I felt that True Grit is just a movie you can't touch and should be left alone. Not sure I dont feel that way now, but not sure I do either. Still don't like that the scenes were changed.
    I'll agree that I'm not sold on the final scene, but I can respect how it was done. If the movie was a direct copy of the original I would have a different opinion (not as good). I'm not saying it's better than the original, but they did a damn good job adapting it to be a Coen Brother type of movie.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      I think some movie deserve a remake to make the actinand effect better. Clash of the titans is one that brings to mind of remake.
      I liked the new version way better. I borrowed the original from my brother to compare it to.

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
      I'll agree that I'm not sold on the final scene, but I can respect how it was done. If the movie was a direct copy of the original I would have a different opinion (not as good). I'm not saying it's better than the original, but they did a damn good job adapting it to be a Coen Brother type of movie.
      Yup. Taking my really liking the original aside, I was pleasently suprised at the way the film was done.

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
      I haven't seen the original. In fact, I have never seen one John Wayne film. I'm not a big western fan. I saw this movie based on the directors. TruGrit was such a big film for one of the most famous actors ever, so I can see how this movie would be big shoes to fill as a film maker
      I can totally understand your respecting of the Coen brothers movies. I feel the same way about John Woo films when it comes to movies that I dont care whether or not they are "good" story movies. It's when I'm really just looking for action flicks.
      Originally posted by mutherjuggz
      That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

I just watched it tonight, I thought it was good. I think I'll have to watch the original for comparison.

Comment

Working...
        X