What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and

I have bought from tampaclutch and they seem to know their stuff. Either one can build you what you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      http://10000rpm.com/
      and

I have bought from tampaclutch and they seem to know their stuff. Either one can build you what you need.
      I called and spoke to a guy named Dan Perry who works at Clutch Dynamics. I found him through posts on other forums and searched him. Also Nick linked a build thread and Clutch Dynamics is who is supplying his also.

They specialize in tractor pull and agricultural stuff but dabble on the side with cars.

We spent 30 minutes on the phone and the guy knew more about my clutch than I think Zoom does. Well, technically Zoom doesn't currently know shit since they sold the design and told me I am just screwed.

I'm pulling the old one out on Sunday. we might be resurfacing the plates and putting in new ceramic discs and selling it. I am going to go with a twin ceramic 10.5" from Dan.

Now is the chance for me to go back with a steel flywheel or keep with aluminum. I think the turbo/motor would benefit from the heavier reciprocating mass of the steel.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Steel would make it more driveable and it may help load the motor better.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I'd go steel
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Steel on a street car. It will be much easier and more pleasant to drive.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Anyone following this mess have a tranny jack I can borrow?

Comment

• I have this one from Harbor Freight. It's not a nice hydraulic one, but it will make pulling and stabbing a heavy transmission a little easier. It's in Tarrant County, near Northeast Mall. If you want to make the drive, you're welcome to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  I have this one from Harbor Freight. It's not a nice hydraulic one, but it will make pulling and stabbing a heavy transmission a little easier. It's in Tarrant County, near Northeast Mall. If you want to make the drive, you're welcome to use it.

That would be awesome. I'll get with you in a couple days. Could I swing by Saturday?

Comment

• Yeah man, absolutely. I'll PM you my number.

Comment

• It's a date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I have that same jack, works okay.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Anything is better than bench pressing them in like we did in our teens/20's.

Comment

• I have the same one as well, works for me.

Comment

• So, in full disclosure, here are my thoughts.
                              1. Replace just the Kevlar disc in the current clutch so I will be running 2 ceramics. Not that easy though. Zoom doesn't make this clutch and is no help. But in theory a 8.75" disc as long as the spline hub is right (26 and 1-1/8") I can search the Web for another manufacturer. Exedy and American Powertrain cone to mind...and I have left a message with both of their tech lines.

There is no guarantee that it will even hold what she seems to have the potential to put down. Dual 8.75" discs are not that much surface area.

2. Swap in a steel billet flywheel and a dual 10.5" clutch from Dan Perry at Clutch Dynamics. Dan thinks we can get close to holding 1,000 at the flywheel with this setup.

Sell my lightweight zoom stuff that has less than 2k miles and holds right at 600rwhp.

3. Do a combination of the above BUT get prepared to swap in a built 4r70w over the winter. Manual reverse valve body, overdrive on a switch, etc. And sell my entire T56 game to recoup the costs.
                              Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-18-2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Little idle clip.

Comment

Working...
                                X