Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vladimir Guerrero surrenders to Dominican police, denies being part of fight at club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vladimir Guerrero surrenders to Dominican police, denies being part of fight at club

Say, has anyone heard how Vladimir Guerrero has been filling his time since he doesn't have a baseball team to play for this year?

What's that? Being the subject of an all points arrest bulletin from police in his native Dominican Republic after a night on the town allegedly ended in a melee at a club and a police major being assaulted?

Well, then.

From Dominican Today:

South Region Police director Juan Ramon de la Cruz Martinez announced the surrender of Vladimir Guerrero Tuesday morning, in connections with an aggression and a brawl in the disco El Punto, in the city Bani Monday night.

The senior officer said he personally arrested two of Guerrero's bodyguards. "No one is above the law. Guerrero and the others will be charged for the incident which left one injured."

The paper reported that "several community leaders and Guerrero's brother Wilton defended the ball player's integrity, and denied that he assaulted a police major" during the brawl.

Vladimir Guerrero later told the Associated Press that he was not part of the attack on the police officer:

''At no time did I attack anyone, nor was I fleeing,'' Guerrero told The Associated Press. ''I presented myself at the jail last night after the complaint from the disco, and this morning first thing I went to the police that are handling the case.''

Guerrero was among a group of aging designated hitters that ultimately attracted no interest this spring. The presumable Hall of Famer last played for the Baltimore Orioles in 2011, hitting 13 homers with 63 RBI and a .733 OPS over 145 games.
Working...
X