Tyler Skaggs MLB pitcher dies in DFW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Skaggs MLB pitcher dies in DFW?

Just saw that the Angels pitcher, TYLER SKAGGS, has passed away in the DFW area. He was 27 years old and in town for a 4 game series with the Rangers.

Apparently was in Southlake. According to the police report. He was found dead in a hotel room at the Hilton Hotel, 1400 Plaza Place.

Comment

They just postponed tonight's game also.

Comment

If the family has requested that the autopsy results not be made public until October.... could it be that there is something embarrassing about the situation? Or... are they so thoughtful that they do not want to impact the baseball season in any way at all...

Whatever the case... very sorry for his family.

Comment

Because I go into so many yards I get to see many different family dynamics. When I first started doing swimming pools the typical death of a clients adult child was car crash, cancer, or suicide. Now the only thing I'm seeing are opioid overdose deaths; 2 in 2018 that I can think of.

Short of an unknown heart condition in this fella I'm betting that he died from too many pills.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

^^^^^ this

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              Because I go into so many yards I get to see many different family dynamics. When I first started doing swimming pools the typical death of a clients adult child was car crash, cancer, or suicide. Now the only thing I'm seeing are opioid overdose deaths; 2 in 2018 that I can think of.

Short of an unknown heart condition in this fella I'm betting that he died from too many pills.
              A Santa Monica newspaper just retracted an article claiming this. He had to be under a ton of stress, the Angels franchise is in a horrible spot and they were counting on him to be their ace this season. They have the best player in the game in Mike Trout along with the Japanese version of Babe Ruth in Ohtani as well as Albert Pujols and can't manage to finish better than 4th place. To make things worse their catcher (Lucroy) was absolutely steamrolled last night.

Comment

This was sad to hear...I wonder what how he died?
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Yup

Comment

Overdose is what's being reported.

Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs had the opioids fentanyl and oxycodone along with alcohol in his system when he was found dead in his Texas hotel room July 1, according to a toxicology report released Friday by the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office.

Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs' autopsy reveals intoxication by opioids and alcohol when he died July 1 in a Texas hotel room, according to the medical examiner.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Had more than most ever will and pissed it away on drugs! Younger cats can learn from this guys mistake. Leave it alone

Comment

What a waste.

Comment

Does the MLB have a drug problem? MLB is slipping on drug testing

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            It is hard to do testing for a drug that many players have a legitimate need for and a legal prescription.

Nationally we just have drug problem in general. That problem is restricted access to a persons preferred drug that they can off themselves with while sparing the people around them from having to put up with their BS drama, whining, and addiction.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              I'm pretty sure I remember a buddy that played in the minors saying that MLB only tests for performance enhancers where as minor leagues test for everything except weed.

Comment

Working...
                              X