Does anyone have a rotozip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a rotozip?

Long story short I'm getting ready to be a vendor at a big rc event and my cnc went down. it uses a Rotozip with a flex shaft to cut with and my flex shaft broke. The part is discontinued, and I can't find it anywhere. Do any of y'all have one laying around?

this the same as a Dremel?

Comment

Will any of the other flex shaft brands not work?

Can you just use a different router by swapping the attachment?

Comment

I've ordered a different brand tool and am preparing to modify the rig, but would rather not. everything was working perfectly before she flex shaft broke. I don't want to make changes if I don't have to.

Comment

where/how did the shaft break?
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Will you be doing on site cnc work?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Will you be doing on site cnc work?
              no, I'm trying to cut kits before the event. each kit takes 45 minutes to cut, and I am quickly running out of time to make them.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                where/how did the shaft break?
                the rotozip sits in the back of the machine (phlat printer mk2) and the flex shaft goes to the cutting head. It acts a lot like a plotter. Feeds the foam in and out and the cutter goes side to side. I got the machine used, and after years of use the cable in the flex shaft snapped.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  the rotozip sits in the back of the machine (phlat printer mk2) and the flex shaft goes to the cutting head. It acts a lot like a plotter. Feeds the foam in and out and the cutter goes side to side. I got the machine used, and after years of use the cable in the flex shaft snapped.
                  Sound like you got your monies worth out of it, time to break down and buy a new one...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Sound like you got your monies worth out of it, time to break down and buy a new one...
                    I'm not ready to jump into a new CNC because my next one will be 4ft by 8ft. I need this one to make nme some money first. lol

Comment

Any way you could couple the two pieces for a temporary fix?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

no, I'm trying to cut kits before the event. each kit takes 45 minutes to cut, and I am quickly running out of time to make them.

Damn 45 minutes for foam?!! That must be huge or a lot of 3D contouring.

Too late for this go-round but have you ever considered making molds and using urethane foam?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          Any way you could couple the two pieces for a temporary fix?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                          Not at 30k RPM YIKES! lol I'm just going to go with the replacement. We should be able to make it work. the rotozip was just so good at what it did.
                          Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Damn 45 minutes for foam?!! That must be huge or a lot of 3D contouring.

Too late for this go-round but have you ever considered making molds and using urethane foam?
                          its a 71" flat foam airframe. The kit is cut in puzzle pieces and uses almost every square inch of a 2ft by 8ft piece of foam.

Comment

Comment

What is your feed rate?

Edit: looks great btw!

Comment

Working...
                              X