No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a rotozip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we are at like 60ipm, the new router has an extra 5k rpm and we are about to switch to a different blade, hoping we can ramp it up. I'd like to get under 30 minutes a cut.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      I think we are at like 60ipm, the new router has an extra 5k rpm and we are about to switch to a different blade, hoping we can ramp it up. I'd like to get under 30 minutes a cut.
      That is crawling! Are you using a .094 bit?

You should be able to double that with a larger bit at 30K rpm

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        That is crawling! Are you using a .094 bit?

You should be able to double that with a larger bit at 30K rpm
        but we'd loose detail with a larger bit.

Comment

but we'd loose detail with a larger bit.
          You're worried about losing detail with a .188 radius?

I guess I'm not seeing something...but I dont see any details that a radius under .25 couldnt handle?

Comment

What's the longest piece cut?

Comment

that is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                You're worried about losing detail with a .188 radius?

I guess I'm not seeing something...but I dont see any details that a radius under .25 couldnt handle?
                mind you, I'm no cnc expert, but I have interlocking pieces that need 90 degree corners. This is our first cnc and we may be doing it totally wrong, but as of now its working. I am totally open to help and advice. here are the plans laid out in the directions.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                  that is amazing!
                  thanks, it's a project of love. I've been farting around with the design for like 5 years, and just now have it ready for market. we've sold around 10 or 15 so far.

Comment

mind you, I'm no cnc expert, but I have interlocking pieces that need 90 degree corners. This is our first cnc and we may be doing it totally wrong, but as of now its working. I am totally open to help and advice. here are the plans laid out in the directions.
                    http://www.rumbuilder.com/pdf/b17instructions.pdf
                    I think it's an awesome design so I'm sorry if it came off as me thinking other wise. I'm just thinking in terms of efficiency and how you may be able to halve that 45 min or less.

Some of those radii to right angle areas can be accommodated on both sides with a matching machined radius. And those that cant could use a dog bone or a t bone radius.

Either way good luck with the show!

Comment

Working...
                    X