Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got some new Rainbird spriklers, they are the shit.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some new Rainbird spriklers, they are the shit.!

Saw these in someones yard, and was needing to replace some of my existing sprinklers. Home Depot has them for like $6 in bulk (6 or more), so I ended up getting 15 for now. Got some 45, some 90 and some adjustable
    Current ones spray a mist, and half ends up traveling to places I don't want if there is the slightest breeze, and they un-adjust themselves and spray against the house, fence, etc. instead of the yard. These fuckers are much better, and from what I read, stay adjusted pretty well.

That's a crapload easier to set than mine. The little pressure screws are always clogged with dirt and hard to find and it's almost an on/off switch.

Comment

Finished replacing the last one today, spent a few hours digging out the old ones. 2 were really deep down, surprised they even sprayed the yard. Added some risers to maybe 6 of them. Tomorrow I will fill in all the holes with dirt, bought a couple bags at HD too. What a beating this was, I shoulda paid Junior to come do it!
      Got soaked to the bone adjusting and aiming some of them, but it's all set, finally.

Comment

I had to fix a leak in my system yesterday, from the PVC near a sprinkler was a flex line and at the coupling it had cracked and started leaking a few feet from the sprinkler head. It was causing low pressure to the head, but a MOUND of dirt about 5' in diameter would grow/swell when they ran and be almost 1' tall. I jumped on it once and water burst through the grass shooting up... Well since I had to go to the store to fix that one I decided to get a couple of these and replace ones that aren't in good shape. I put one on to test it and it's pretty good so far, but I'll wait to see how the grass reacts around it to be sure it's as good as or better than the mist ones like you replaced. If it's better, I'll replace the rest when it cools down before winter.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I had a line leaking and a similar ground swell. I was like WTF, then pierced it. I was lazy and had Junior come fix that. it was a few years ago.

Well, just my shit luck, 2 of the heads I used risers on were just a tad too tall, clipped them with the mower! This damn dirt around here is the suck tho, clay mostly. Had ruts I should have filled in and the mower would have been fine. Repaired them, so should be in good shape next mow.

Comment

Working...
          X