As if my luck couldn't even!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    No doubt it's better, although the wildlife is no joke. We've been really lucky so far with several extremely close calls.
    One of my closer friends when I was a kid blasted into an elk at 75mph. Absolutely destroyed his F-250.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      You didn't look at the pictures, his rear body panel is bent to fuck.
      That car might total, there is north of $7k in damages very easy.

I got dibs on the wheels!
      I was trying not to be too Grim, but yeah I’m welling to bet it gets totaled out.
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Pics?
        Hah, I wish I could find it but I think it's probably lost to the ether. I just dug through my old photobucket account and couldn't find it. Shit is funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          Hah, I wish I could find it but I think it's probably lost to the ether. I just dug through my old photobucket account and couldn't find it. Shit is funny though.
          Damnit! I hate losing things to the ether.

I bet one of these old coots can find it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Sorry to hear it man. I've been there for sure.

In my experience, what you should do is take a picture of the damage with you in it, then everyone will make fun of your hair and call you KD Lang for over a dozen years. So basically what I'm saying is that it all worked out.
            Hahahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
              I was trying not to be too Grim, but yeah I’m welling to bet it gets totaled out.
              I work in wholesale collision parts, I'm guessing around $11k tops if they use all OE parts. The shops I sell to say on a newer mustang the insurance companies will normally go up to 70% of the value of the car before totaling it.
              I have gap insurance, and am not emotionally attached to this one. So if they total it I'm fine with that. If they fix it, they better do it fucking right!
              If I end up needing a new car, I'm not sure if I want to go with another mustang or a Tesla 3...

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                I work in wholesale collision parts, I'm guessing around $11k tops if they use all OE parts. The shops I sell to say on a newer mustang the insurance companies will normally go up to 70% of the value of the car before totaling it.
                I have gap insurance, and am not emotionally attached to this one. So if they total it I'm fine with that. If they fix it, they better do it fucking right!
                If I end up needing a new car, I'm not sure if I want to go with another mustang or a Tesla 3...
                I had a brand new Z/28 in 2000. About 2 weeks after I got it. I got taped from behind and sent me over a storm drain. Ripped the crossmember right out all the front control arms tie rods and destroyed. And I had the same odd jobs ripped the crossmember right out, all the front control arms tie rods got destroyed. Had odd gaps everywhere. Insurance said they can fix it. Spent damn near one month at town East Ford body shop. When I picked it up there were still some fucked up gaps. And sure enough as I’m driving home the person behind me is telling me that it’s going dog tract. They wouldn’t fix it correctly and they wouldn’t give me a new car ether. I refused to pay A monthly payment for the next five years on the car that I can’t even drive. So just let that bitch go back. Fucked up my credit for seven years.

So the moral of the story is these kind of cars once they take a good hit. It’s over.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I had a brand new Z/28 in 2000. About 2 weeks after I got it. I got taped from behind and sent me over a storm drain. Ripped the crossmember right out all the front control arms tie rods and destroyed. And I had the same odd jobs ripped the crossmember right out, all the front control arms tie rods got destroyed. Had odd gaps everywhere. Insurance said they can fix it. Spent damn near one month at town East Ford body shop. When I picked it up there were still some fucked up gaps. And sure enough as I’m driving home the person behind me is telling me that it’s going dog tract. They wouldn’t fix it correctly and they wouldn’t give me a new car ether. I refused to pay A monthly payment for the next five years on the car that I can’t even drive. So just let that bitch go back. Fucked up my credit for seven years.

So the moral of the story is these kind of cars once they take a good hit. It’s over.
                  mine still drives fine, shit behind the wheels is fucked.

Comment

So I took the car in to have the Gieco adjuster look at it. I've never dealt with them before, and I'm not sure I like how this is handled. He looked the car over went inside and came out with an estimate and a check. He said he could only put things he can see on the estimate, and that the bodyshop will do supplements. So he hands me a $3k check and tells me to give it to the shop. I feel a bit weary because he and I both know there's way more than $3k worth of damage on the car. Anyone dealt with them before? am I handling this right? HELP a car crash noob!

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      So I took the car in to have the Gieco adjuster look at it. I've never dealt with them before, and I'm not sure I like how this is handled. He looked the car over went inside and came out with an estimate and a check. He said he could only put things he can see on the estimate, and that the bodyshop will do supplements. So he hands me a $3k check and tells me to give it to the shop. I feel a bit weary because he and I both know there's way more than $3k worth of damage on the car. Anyone dealt with them before? am I handling this right? HELP a car crash noob!
                      Just take it to the shop of your choice and let them do the sup, It will be more than 3k for sure nothing odd with what they are doing.

Comment

I thought you said you worked in wholesale collision parts?
                        Anywho, he wants you to NEED that $3k check and buy a bumper cover, a taillight and pocket the rest and never see other hear from you again.
                        I'll give it to you straight, take the car to a reputable body shop, hand them the keys, the check and the estimate. They will take it apart, re-file a supplement and fix the car accordingly.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                          Just take it to the shop of your choice and let them do the sup, It will be more than 3k for sure nothing odd with what they are doing.
                          Kind of sketchy I would not sign anything

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Kind of sketchy I would not sign anything
                            why? That's how they do it these days, the car is drivable so they do a estimate at a location close to you and let you decide where to take your vehicle. Do you want them to do like the good ole days where you could only take your car to service king or caliber?

Comment

That's how the process works my friend. The adjuster will cut you a check for the initial estimate and if any supplements/incidentals are needed to complete the work, they will submit it to Geico. Geico may or may not send out an adjuster to the shop, but it'll get taken care of either way.

When an texting teen driver rear ended my wife's Taurus, it ended up requiring about $1,500 in supplements to complete the repairs. Farmers sent a guy to the shop and signed off. Called us a couple of days later to pick up the car and return the rental.This was at Five Star Ford.

When you have a good insurance provider, there usually is not a lot for you to worry about. They will do a walk around with you when you pick up the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                I thought you said you worked in wholesale collision parts?
                                I do, but I'm the guy selling to the shops, I don't know how the front end works.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                                That's how the process works my friend. The adjuster will cut you a check for the initial estimate and if any supplements/incidentals are needed to complete the work, they will submit it to Geico. Geico may or may not send out an adjuster to the shop, but it'll get taken care of either way.

When an texting teen driver rear ended my wife's Taurus, it ended up requiring about $1,500 in supplements to complete the repairs. Farmers sent a guy to the shop and signed off. Called us a couple of days later to pick up the car and return the rental.This was at Five Star Ford.

When you have a good insurance provider, there usually is not a lot for you to worry about. They will do a walk around with you when you pick up the car.
                                Thanks, that makes me feel better.

Comment

Working...
                                X