Hand gun cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand gun cleaning

Could I get one of these. Disassemble the gun and just drop the slide, frame, and barrel in. Would this harm the finish or any other parts of it.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Hornady makes a solution for firearms specifically.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

its ok for glocks. HK, korth, colt and similarly lower tier pistols will melt.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We have industrial size ultrasonic machines/tanks at work. When they turn them on full tilt you have to wear ear protection when even remotely close to the room and if you walk in there it feels like the fillings in your teeth are going to come out. We are using these machines as a final cleaning prior to NDI inspections. They do a magnificent job at removing any left over oils, lubricants, or heavy deposits but if a part has kind of a pre existing baked on oil film it does not remove all of it. These tanks are running temps around 130 and are ph monitored twice a day. I dunno what the specific solution is in them but the film that is on a lot of the parts that I see reminds me a lot of the same kind of nasty film inside of a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          its ok for glocks. HK, korth, colt and similarly lower tier pistols will melt.

god bless.
          x2, seen HK's melt personally

Comment

Try M-Pro 7 gun cleaner. Non-toxic, no smell, won't harm plastic and clean better than anything else I've tried in the past 20 years. It won't take out caked on carbon, but it amazed me how well it cleans with just a little brushing with a plastic brush.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Bringing this back up to the top.

So is anyone using one of these to clean up their handguns or BCG's?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post

I have one at the shop, it works on really old stuff very well. I’m sure it would do wonders on anything really dirty. I restored a colt 1908 vest pocket and it took a hundred years of shit off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post

parts must not be touching so I figure a bolt with rings, extractor or ejector still attached would be bad. They would wear because of the ultra sonic vibrations.

Comment

Originally posted by txminime View Post
                    Try M-Pro 7 gun cleaner. Non-toxic, no smell, won't harm plastic and clean better than anything else I've tried in the past 20 years. It won't take out caked on carbon, but it amazed me how well it cleans with just a little brushing with a plastic brush.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
                    +1 on the M-Pro 7. Funny I just ran into this comment and I literally just got back from academy to buy another bottle of it.
                    Last edited by soap; 03-08-2019, 06:35 PM.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I like Otis products. It is good for most cleaning tasks.

Comment

Working...
                      X